Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First and last name with same first letter. Thoughts?

My last name starts with an A and a couple of my fave first names start with an A. What are your thoughts on this?

In general, ends-in-A names don't work that great with vowel start names. Think Louisa Alcott versus Louisa May Alcott. Or, Amelia Adams. You have to have a little break inhale between the names, compared to something like Emily Adams or Louise Alcott. BUT, starts with A? You should be fine! It's a matter of personal preference about alliteration! Abigail Adams? Great. Autumn Abrams? Fine. Good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I usually have no issue with first names and surnames starting with the same letter. There are times that the names sound too similar due to other similarities than matching first letters.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

I think its just fine!

I think it would be fine! As long as your kids aren't ALL given names starting with the letter A you would be fine.
    Lily - Eliza - Isabelle - Rose - Margaret - Coraline - Emilia - Hazel
    Oliver - Simon - Jasper - Theodore - Henry - Leopold - Ezra - Jack