Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jo1654 View Post
    thanks for the reply! I'm a Jordan from the 80's and NEVER went to school with another Jordan. DH is an Austin from the 70's. He also never had to share his name. This has lead me to have a little bit of popularity paranoia.

I actually do like Adair. I'm just not sure its the right name for our child. I also have trouble finding a middle that works with it. Audrey is on our "long" list too

Our boys list is short because very early on we both liked Grant and Griffin and felt confident one of those was the name. I'm still confident one of those is the name. Unfortunately, as time has gone on, he leans more and more to Grant and I lean toward Griffin. So we may end up having to toss both and pick something totally different. Problem is my husband feels "eh" about pretty much all boys names - i've previously suggested several of your ideas His suggestions include Colt Ford and Peyton Manning...
    Football players are a great source for names.

I like Daphne, Willa and Mabel. Vivian and all her spellings will continue to gain popularity. For boys I really like grant.

Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius

We have similar taste in names!

Favorite girl names on your list: Adair, Vivienne, Celia, Liv (Celia, Vivienne, and Liv have all been on my list). This spelling of Vivienne is actually my favorite, and does not seem as common. You have a great last name to support Liv. Celia is just beautiful. I've known two Adair's - both strong women. After all that, I think my two picks with your last name would be Celia and Liv.

As for boy names: Grant and Ford are my favorites. Love the name Grant, but seeing that more often than the others. I think Ford would be my pick, just slightly above Grant. Hope that helps!

Daphne and Mabel are probably the safest if you are worried about popularity and trendiness. They both have vintage charm, but are unlikely to go very high on the charts like some older names. My personal favorite is Mabel. I like Griffin off of your boy list.
    Beatrix - Fleur - Minnow - Zelda - Fern - Winifred - Poet

Wolfgang - Atlas - Huck - Abraham - Ernest - Ulysses - Fox - Alasdair