Names Searched Right Now:

Sibling for Philippa

Hello everyone,

We are hoping for some input on a brother or sister for Philippa (Pippa) due in May. I've always loved the name James for a boy, but we wanted to go with something that was a bit less popular- I currently adore Ezra, but I haven't quite convinced DH of that one . We have nothing to go off of for a girl. We do, however, like the idea of having something that is a bit more professional sounding but lends itself to be shortened.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by daydreamwho86; December 20th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Philippa nn Pippa is absolutely lovely, you have great taste! Weirdly, the names Philippa and James are Leo DiCaprio's kids names in the movie Inception, so they do go well together! I like Ezra ok, but am not a huge fan. Here are some ideas!

Henrietta
    Theodora
    Agatha
    Agnes
    Leonora
    Ophelia
    Winifred

Theodore
    Lysander
    Thaddeus
    Lucian/Lucius
    Elliot
    Atticus
    Elijah
    Jude
    Amos
    Otis
    Gabriel
    Simon
    Jasper
    Oliver
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang 12/31/13
    I've already got that naming fever again...
    Wilhelmina - Louisa - Rosalie - Frieda - Augusta - Mabel
    Hugo - Kai - Alaric - Kilian - Cormac - Arlo - Rufus
    GP : Edelweiss nn Ada

My top pick for a sister would be Vivienne.

I think there is a user on here with girls Phillipa (Pippa) and Evangeline (Evie), that's a beautiful set. I have a niece named Pippa (no long form) and her sister is Lucy. I think Lucille and Phillipa would be a cute set.

For a boy, I think you could still go with James and either use a more unique nn (Jem, Jay) or add a mn that lends itself to JT, JP, JJ? Or use the longer Jameson which could get you to Sonny?
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)