Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    I'd feel sillier naming a daughter born in June, June!

(coming from someone with a son named Leo, who is also a Leo (astrologically)!!)
    I agree. I think naming a daughter June who was born in June seems a little... obvious. Like, if I were going to name a daughter June, it would be because of what the name evokes - long warm days, cool nights, picnics, going to the beach, the summer stretched out before you, no cares in the world. It wouldn't just be because she happened to be born in June. I think that makes it less special.
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther

Quite the opposite actually, it would seem rather cliche to me. I would prefer to meet a little June born in December and a little Hazel with blue eyes; how refreshing!

I think both of them are wonderful. If you name your future child one of those names, the name becomes your child. I wouldn't think twice of meeting a blue-eyed Hazel or a June born in December.
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus

I agree with the previous posters- it's not weird at all.

My Mum and Dad both have blue eyes, as do my brother and I. But my sister has bright green eyes. Sometimes genetics can surprise you
    TTC Baby #1

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah
    Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

They're very pretty names

Personally, I think you should use the name you truly love & feel suits your baby. And Hazel is a gorgeous name I associate with the hazel tree, the French Provence and a magnificent, bountiful orchard - not necessarily the eye color.

However, I would think a baby called June was born in June... but if you like the name, there's absolutely no reason why you can't use it for a December baby.

However, if you want to make the name more cooler in tones, rather than the warmer Hazel, how 'bout these suggestions:

Iris Hazel June
    Lavender Hazel
    Violet Hazel June
    Hazel Sapphire
    June Hazelbrooke
    Winter Hazel Rose
    Hazel Winter Rose
    Hazel Snow
    Hazel Leda Snow
    Hazel Heather
    Hazel Mayfair
    Hazel Avalon
    Hazel Larkspur
    Hazel Violet
    Hazel Blythe
    Hazel Ellowyn
    June Hazel Celeste
    Hazel Arwen

Ulysses/ Godiva/ Valhalla/ Valkyrja/ Kyrja/ Kara

Seabrook | Lyon | Falcon | Lucius Artorius | Bardyllis | Chivalry | Whiskey | Varro | Auberon | Sovereign

Winter Rose | Emerald | Autumn Grace | Hazel | Maebry | Ulyssia | Pandora Rose | Alaska | Summer Eve | Charlett | Ivy | Asfodelle | Marquesa | Titania | India Ruby | Ulissa | Isabeau | Liberty | Vivaldi | Ferelith | Juniper | Violet | Odette Leda Snow | Utopia | Hero | Hermione