Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biff, really?

Unhappy Biff, really?

My Dad told me today, that Biff is becoming a popular girls name in our area, as a variation of Elizabeth... Why? :/ There are so many nicer variations.
    Last edited by sodallas3; April 24th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I never understand the Elizabeth nicknames. I feel like any time anyone likes a new name that isn't long enough or substantial enough to be its own name, they make it a nickname for Elizabeth.

I remember reading books about Biff, her brother Kip and their dog. It was a series of reading books for each reading level, I think there are much nicer alternative nicknames for Elizabeth than Biff.

I've never heard of a Biff short Elizabeth the three I know go by Lizzie, Lizzy and Beth. I agree that there are so many nicer nicknames out there
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Oh wow... I have never heard that. That would be a hard nickname. I instantly thought of beef. For Elizabeth I like Eliza, Liza, or Beth. Not Liz, or Lizzie!! Elizabeth has always been a hard name for me to wrap my head around. I had a friend growing up named Elizabeth, and people called her Lizard, or Lizard Breath. I could see Lizzie the Lezzie being said too. Kids and some adults can be so mean. That turned me away from the name.