Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zephyr and Paloma?

Hey guys! So recently I fell in love with Zephyr--the meaning, the sound, the zippy Z :P So I started looking for girls' names that would work well. I came across Paloma, a name which had caught my eye before, and suddenly I really liked it.

I know one name is Greek and the other Spanish, but I think they work surprisingly well together. Also, I love that their meanings both relate to the sky/air/nature, with Paloma meaning "dove" and Zephyr as the name of the personified West wind that brings springtime.

What do you guys think? Do they work together? Also, what other names, both male and female, would you add to the sibset? Names I like: Juno, Echo, Atlas, Caspian. More suggestions please
    Skylar
    A teenberry in boarding school and dreaming of names...
    {Thora} {Vesper} {Isolda} {Xanthe} {Juno}
    {Atticus} {Ptolemy} {Balthazar} {Zephyr} {Atlas}

You and I are twin namers because Atlas is number one on my boy's list, and I LOVE Echo (I named a main character this is one of my stories).

I think Zephyr is great (have you thought about Zephyrus as a full name?) and Paloma is gorgeous. <3
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter

I think they work together very well. They're not really my style but I do like Caspian.
    Other names I like:
    Ione
    Io
    Cosima
    Calliope
    Nova
    Electra
    Andromeda
    Niobe

Oberon
    Phineas
    Cosmo
    Apollo
    Mars
    Jupiter
    Orion

Paloma is gorgeous, but Zephyr doesn't do it for me...I just don't find the sound of it to be attractive.

Zephyr and Paloma is SUCH a great pair!
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Demetra, Celia, Cassandra and Arthur, Inigo, Roger.