Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What goes well with Hussein?

Hello, everyone!

It seems like my partner and I are stuck. He's adamant on calling our baby boy Hussein due to religious & cultural reasons. I can't say I hate the name, but I can't say it's my favorite. Been trying to find a compromise for what seems like an eternity, but nothing is good enough to replace the Hussein. The only option left is to give the kid a double name. And this is where I have a problem. I can't seem to find any nice combinations, at least those that would include a European name. So far, all I could think of is Zack Hussein or Nick Hussein. Can somebody please give any other suggestions because I am honestly on my last nerve.

Thank you guys.

Hmm, I think you're on the right track with something short in front of Hussein.

Adam Hussein
    Felix Hussein
    Liam Hussein
    Oscar Hussein
    George Hussein
    Jack Hussein
    Max Hussein

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I second Adam Hussein! Adam is a great cross-over name, European and Arabic at the same time. The combo doesn't look 'mismatched' like a solely European name does with Hussein.

Although people could probably make it rhyme with Saddam Hussein... I just thought of that. Hmm. Alternative suggestion: Omar Hussein.
    Last edited by jackal; April 23rd, 2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Emil - Ingimar - Kjartan - Matthías - Óskar - Róbert

Elísabet - Elva - Rósa - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa

I'd be going with something Arabic but "set on easy" as it were. Zain/Zane, Malik, Tariq, Khalil, Kamil, Kareem... one that people know lots of (I swear I know six of each...) and that maybe your DH will like enough that you don't have to *use* the Hussein all that much.

Personally I really like the idea of Malik H. Lastname or Zain H. Lastname.

Something like Liam Hussein where it doesn't relate at all just sounds odd to me.

But if you really want something European I think I would go with Joseph Hussein, Michael Hussein, something like that, a classic Biblical name with a Arabic parallel, to create a balance.

Byron Hussein sounds like you ALMOST named after the President but then gave it up?
    Last edited by stripedsocks; April 23rd, 2014 at 09:53 AM.