Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ten for review

Lalita- Shortened to what? Lali? Honestly, Lola or Lila would be better. Even Lita, which I don't love. I don't like it that much.

Ariadne- Now this one is a different story. It has amazing mythological history, a connection to the very well known name Ariana, and a lovely sound, not to mention the nickname Ari. It's a favourite!

Blithe*- Hm.... I kind of like it as a middle, but I would prefer Blythe. All I see is 'lithe' which isn't really a negative word, but it isn't exactly something I'd want in my child's name, either.

Sunniva- I really like this one! It's exotic, has a pretty sound, and an adorable nickname 'Sunny' or 'Sunnie'. Another favourite.

Boheme*- I have to say I don't like this one at all. I think bohemian, which once again isn't terrible, but it isn't great. Plus, it just has an awkward sound to me.

Aviva- This is pretty, and sounds very happy and peppy. I love the meaning!

Calliope- One of my favourites again! You have a great taste in names. I like this without any nicknames, it's just gorgeous on its own. Calliope Rose is a favourite combo of mine.

Anja- I do like this, but I'd spell it Anya depending on where you are, because here in the States it would run into a lot of spelling and pronunciation issues.

Lotus*- This is beautiful. I'd probably never have the guts to use it, as a first especially, but it's simply gorgeous. I love it.

Sarai*- This one is OK. I slightly prefer Sarah.

My top five are
    1. Sunniva
    2. Ariadne
    3. Lotus
    4. Calliope
    5. Anja

Aviva is a close runner up.

Great list!
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elisabeth Verona "Evie", Briar Magdalene, Seraphina Lea (prn LEE), Elysia Quinn, Stella Rosalind, Gwendolyn Saige "Gwen" or "Winnie", Dahlia Niamh, Alessandra Kate, Eleni Mathilde (ma-TEEL), Charlotte Sylvana "Char"

Donovan Howard, Micah Rhys, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Cassius Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier, Evan Beckett

Today's Crushes: Phoebe and Atticus

Lalita - looks like a misspelling of Lolita
    Ariadne - I like the sound of this one, similar to other cool Greek names
    Blithe* - looks like a misspelling of Blythe, and I'm not fond of the sound
    Sunniva - not bad, has an ethnic feel - for some reason it sounds Indian to me, even though I guess it's Scandanavian
    Boheme* - doesn't seem like a name to me
    Aviva - not familiar with the name, but it seems name-y, so it doesn't bother me
    Calliope - hard not to just think of the musical instrument
    Anja - sounds Eastern European - I assume it's pronounced Anya? I would expect to hear it used on a girl whose parents are first generation immigrants
    Lotus* - sounds like a word, not a name, and makes me think of the email software Lotus Notes (which I have to use and hate)
    Sarai* - sounds exotic, but I think the pronunciation could be hard for people

If I had to pick from this list, I would go with Ariadne.

Of the names on your list I love Anja. My fav girls name of all time. We can"t use it as it's dreadful with our surname. I love the feminity and shortness of the name. It doesn't try to hard to be different but is still underused. X

Lalita -- reminds me of Lolita, which wouldn't be an issue if it didn't have such a strong association to Nabokov's novel.

Ariadne -- I'm not a fan of this name overall. While it's fun to say and write, the actual sound as a name doesn't do it for me. Something like a whine to it at the end.

Blithe -- Prefer Blythe. I actually like this name for some reason.

Sunniva -- Love this name. As a friend of mine pointed out, it sounds like a foreigner saying "son of a…", which made me scowl at him but did not keep him from adding that it also sounded like lunesta's (the sedative) opposite.

Boheme -- I want to love it because I love the name Bo, but again the sound just doesn't do it for me. As a middle name it would be far more usable.

Aviva -- Lovely. Does have a slightly pharmaceutical sound to it though, and like it might be the name of many companies for some reason.

Calliope -- I am not a fan of the "ope" names in general. Can't ever get past that final sound, but that's just me and many people adore this one. Pronunciation issues for sure -- I lived in New Orleans where there is a street with this name. Locals simply called it the Calli, tourists butchered it quite often.

Anja -- so pretty

Lotus -- I think there are far prettier flower names and this kinda screams new-age buddhist to me, maybe because it's too obvious, but again as a middle it would work fine.

Sarai -- This has a strange sound to me, but as a middle it would work.

Of the names on your list I love Anja. My fav girls name of all time. We can"t use it as it's dreadful with our surname. I love the feminity and shortness of the name. It doesn't try to hard to be different but is still underused. X