Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Olive, Isla, or Eisley?

We have narrowed our girls names down to three. DH originally wanted Emery but I can't seem to get over it being a boy name. So here they are tell me what you think? All are family names in one way or another June will be the MN.

Olive June - This is my favorite and I think it goes great with our boy pick of August Patrick.

Isla/Illa June - I like it just wish it had NN options

Eisley (eyes-lee) June - This one seems to be a good mix of Emery and Isla so kinda a compromise but a little on the trendy sounding side for me.
    Last edited by lisa429; April 22nd, 2014 at 11:25 PM.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

Definitely Isla! Olive is a name I heartily dislike. Eisely seems very trendy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    Definitely Isla! Olive is a name I heartily dislike. Eisely seems very trendy to me.
    What about the spelling? I commonly see it as Isla but my husbands great grandma is Illa Bell.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

I agree that Eisley sounds trendy so I would cross that one off of your list.

I like both Olive June and Isla June. One potential issue with Olive June is that they are both word names, I personally prefer only using one word name like you did with August Patrick. Both girl names sound super sweet, good luck!
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

I think Eisely will be spelled wrong for most of her life, although it is a nice compromise. I love Olive, but not with June. It sounds too wordy, and her initials would be OJ (orange juice, OJ Simpson, etc. - not the best, maybe). Isla, though, is lovely. Isla June sounds magical. Isla and August go nicely together, too.