Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Olive, Isla, or Eisley?

We have narrowed our girls names down to three. DH originally wanted Emery but I can't seem to get over it being a boy name. So here they are tell me what you think? All are family names in one way or another June will be the MN.

Olive June - This is my favorite and I think it goes great with our boy pick of August Patrick.

Isla/Illa June - I like it just wish it had NN options

Eisley (eyes-lee) June - This one seems to be a good mix of Emery and Isla so kinda a compromise but a little on the trendy sounding side for me.
    Last edited by lisa429; April 22nd, 2014 at 11:25 PM.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

Definitely Isla! Olive is a name I heartily dislike. Eisely seems very trendy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    Definitely Isla! Olive is a name I heartily dislike. Eisely seems very trendy to me.
    What about the spelling? I commonly see it as Isla but my husbands great grandma is Illa Bell.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

I agree that Eisley sounds trendy so I would cross that one off of your list.

I like both Olive June and Isla June. One potential issue with Olive June is that they are both word names, I personally prefer only using one word name like you did with August Patrick. Both girl names sound super sweet, good luck!
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12/09 and Vivienne Grace 03/12
    Tess Magnolia - Coming Nov 4th 2015
    Charlotte Faye or Scarlett Faye | Everett James or Knox Thomas

I think Eisely will be spelled wrong for most of her life, although it is a nice compromise. I love Olive, but not with June. It sounds too wordy, and her initials would be OJ (orange juice, OJ Simpson, etc. - not the best, maybe). Isla, though, is lovely. Isla June sounds magical. Isla and August go nicely together, too.