Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vanessaelless View Post
    It might seem expensive now, but she's going to have that name for her entire life. It's invaluable and it will be part of her. If you feel like you didn't put enough thought into it, I say definitely change it, esp since she is still so young. All little babies deserve a name their parents truly believe is perfect for them! Good luck!
    I couldn’t have said this better myself. Except... if you are a little unsure there is no harm of holding off for a month (give yourself a deadline though) and calling her Penny Joy around the house - at this age they grow like weeds and honestly you want to make sure that you don’t feel that the name you changed it too doesn’t work anymore as soon as she’s developed more. If you’ve been sitting with Penny Joy for a couple of months then go for it... Mothers Day is the perfect event.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

In Minnesota you have up to a year to change your baby's name. It's free, and you don't have to go before a judge, just fill out paperwork. I thought all states gave some kind of grace period like that! Too bad it costs so much in CA.

My parents changed my name when I was 3 months old and neither of them regret it. It is worth the money to get the name you are completely happy with. You have legitimate reasons so I say go for it. Do it now before she learns her name. Good luck!
    boys
    -Morgan Zachary 'Mack'-Avery Glen-Grant Thomas-Rory Kevin-
    -Cameron 'Cam'-Callan-Ian-Isaac-Jonah-

girls
    -Lucy Josephine-Josephine Lucille 'Josie'-Emilia Margaret 'Mila'-
    -Gemma- Miranda-Audrey-Stella-Norah-

I, too, admire your commitment to giving your daughter the right name. While I think there's a good chance that Aria will grow to be the perfect name for your little one even if it doesn't feel like it now, ultimately it sounds like changing her name feels right in your situation. Penelope Joy is lovely, as is Aria. And I adore the nickname Penny. Hope it works out!
    ~ Larissa

Amaryllis Joy
    Savannah Mayfair ~ Bellamy June
    Isla Reverie ~ Holiday Elise ~ Cordelia Maple
    Sage Aurora ~ Madeline Story ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Siri Genevieve ... Penrose Elizabeth