Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honestly, I think Cate is classier, but most people I know named Catherine go by Kate or a 'K' variation. Also, consider Catiche--an old French nn for Catherine.

Good point. I'm actually a British girl living in the USA and she is one of the reasons why we are considering Catherine, To honor her heritage.

I don't see a problem with using Catherine with a c and Kate as a mn with k. Its what Princess Kate uses and it works lovely for her and it will most definitely be amazing for your little girl!
    Harper Finley, Lila Mary, Rory Addison, Reagan Mailys, Bryn Olivia

Jackson Henry, Carter Grant, Elliot John, Sawyer Theodore, Grady Rhys

Off topic but I just have to say (as a newbie) that everyone on here is so nice and polite. Even if people do not necessarily agree with the post or poster, they say so in a polite manner. Thx everyone.

I don't think Catherine nickname Kate is unusual or strange, and most people will be OK with it since that's the Duchess of Cambridge's nickname, as others have pointed out. And her 'real' name is Catherine with a 'C'. I've never really liked Cate as I've always thought it looks like a misspelling of Kate, despite the fact that it's legit and Cate Blanchett's name.
    teenberry . names . royals . history . divergent . photography

adelina sophia ♕ magdalena élisabeth ♕ isla aveline ♕ athénaïs lenore ♕ beatrice adeline
    leo xavier ♕ alexander george ♕ thomas archie ♕ harry lysander ♕ cornelius laszlo

i have given my lists of girls and boys names a clean up!

crushes: vivenne "vivi" . henrietta . leila . solomon . raphael "rafo" . ignacio "ignaz"
    gp crushes: october . sunday . anastasia . theophilus . augustine . moritz