Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names that start with A? Is this ridiculous?

We aren’t pregnant or TTC but friends of ours are. Like us, both have the same first initial. We were talking to the husband who feels that choosing their first initial as a theme would be cool -> my FH thought it would be fun as well. I do have a few A names on my list but really I always considered this option a little restrictive. I mean how does one give one child an A name (when both parents have A names) and then not a second? Am I over thinking this and being ridiculous? I feel like maybe the “no letter theme”r in me might be getting a little out of control as I want to shoot the idea down before even considering the possibilities.... What do you think?

What A names would you suggest to round out my list? (They would need to sound similar and nice in English, German and Spanish).

Other A names I like:
    Aurelia - Aurora - Amelie - Ainslie
    Alaric - Anton -Abel - Artemis - August

TIA!
    Last edited by lexiem; April 20th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Here are my favorite A names, just off the top of my head.

Amelia
    Amos
    Augustine
    Alexandra
    Azur

Even if you're not TTC, it's a big thing, choosing names! I do feel like when you do have a child, you should choose whether to do an A theme or not and then commit because giving your first child an A name and then not the second could be seen as a little strange.

These are my favourite A names:
    April
    Alice
    Anna
    Atticus
    Anastasia
    Angeline
    Amos
    ╔══════════════╗
    Sophie

Lorelai Violet - Louisa Mae - Clara Elizabeth - Verity Jane - Isla Genevieve

Dashiell Emmett - Theo Lucian - Leo Benjamin - Finley Cassius - Eli Oliver

╚══════════════╝

Yeah, if you go with an A theme, you're pretty much committed for the rest of your children. But I still think it would be very neat!

Favorite A names:
    Anastasia
    Atlas
    Aurora
    Aurelia
    Alessandra
    Alonzo
    Asa
    August
    Azariah
    Happily married, lifelong name nerd currently in medical school

Not expecting any little ones anytime soon, just looking for some naming fun!

How many kids are you planning to have? If you are planning to have 20, then yes, it is ridiculous. If you are planning to have 2 to 4, it is not SO crazy. I agree that if you do it for the first kid, then you should do it for the subsequent children as well.