Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    @anaxandra; Casper and Oskar/Oscar are currently my two favorite choices of our boy names but I do like the others a lot too! I like Lola, Rose, Laurel, Delia, and Felicity! I think Eloise sounds nice as well but I don't really see us with a little Eloise

@boyandgirl; my husband doesn't know the extent...or any of the situation. I feel bad because of all the other things he's been dealing with and I feel as though I shouldn't have to complain or go crying to my husband about a mean mother in law but at the same time, she's driving me crazy!

As for names, I would suggest Rosemary.

As for the mother-in-law... tell her that Sophie has really grown on you and that you've decided that's the name! When you have the baby tell her that at the last minute your husband said no way. Look perplexed.. it must have something to do with his ex. Huh. Because if you stand up to her now you will be tempted to throw names at her and she will trash everything you love. When you get around to telling your husband make a joke out of it so it doesn't stress him out... say "can you believe she wanted to name the baby SOPHIE? Haha!!"

I've had mother-in-law problems myself and I can tell you from experience, sweetie, never let 'em see you sweat.

I only gave you a girl name. Since you like Casper how about Jasper?

@rainydaygarden; I don't want to talk names with her in general yet she apparently wants to! She doesn't know our boy choices so I don't get why she wants to only be involved in the girl name (which goes back to my theory about trying to make a point that she likes his ex more than me). I like Rose but I'm not big on the "mary" part! Our boy names are completely set in stone and we're not open to other boy names at this time, sorry!

I have another question for everyone as well! I just got off the phone with my husband and I sort of brought up names and he said "I think it'd be awesome to use my mom's name as a middle name". I simply told him we should have a concrete list of first names before we start to think about middle names. I really don't want to use her name, but I don't want to hurt my husband's feelings. How I can "let him down easy" about that? I don't want to just flat out say "no" but I don't think I could actually go through with it (I'm personally not even a fan of her name in general)

I think you should tell your husband that his mother keeps calling your baby bump the name of his ex-wife. If she is actually consistently doing this, it is incredibly disrespectful and rude, not only to you and your husband, but to your child as well. I'm not sure what the circumstances are between you, your husband, his ex, and your MIL, but I can't see any situation where that would be okay. Even if she only said it once, as a joke, it would be rude. It seems like maybe you don't want to bring it up because you think he'll be overreacting or will take her side? I don't see that happening, considering Sophie is his ex's name and I assume there are some negative feelings associated, but if that's what's going on, then maybe you have to examine how you approach the conversation; instead of making it sound like she's a villain, maybe just mention that you found it odd and a little off-putting when she called your bump Sophie, and see what his reaction is like.

As for him wanting to use his mother's name as a middle, I don't see that as being a crazy request, and it makes sense for him to want that, but I would not want to honor someone who was so disrespectful to myself and my family. Are there any family members that you personally would like to honor instead? Maybe relegate her name for potential future babies?