Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ginnifer?!?

I really like Ginnifer, nn Ginny. Ginny is one of my favorite nicknames, but I personally do not like Ginevra at all. Other ways I've thought to get to Ginny would be Virginia or Imogen (if you pronounce the final syllable as "gin" which in my area of the US it generally is).

I don't like the name Ginnifer at all, far too made up to be taken seriously IMO.
    Tasha. 21. Brit. Name Geek.

Quote Originally Posted by jesslyn View Post
    I really like Ginnifer, nn Ginny. Ginny is one of my favorite nicknames, but I personally do not like Ginevra at all. Other ways I've thought to get to Ginny would be Virginia or Imogen (if you pronounce the final syllable as "gin" which in my area of the US it generally is).
    My FH has a great Aunt Virginia nn Aunt Gin. I’ve only met her once but Virginia doesn’t work for me - there is also a really high chance that we will move to Virginia in the next couple of years as we live in DC. lol.

I also love Imogen (with the gin ending) - but sadly it doesn’t work in German or Spanish and we are a trilingual home. In German it sounds like Ihm-OH-gehn.

Quote Originally Posted by darcydeacon View Post
    I don't like the name Ginnifer at all, far too made up to be taken seriously IMO.
    See I really like it but I worry about it feeling too made up to be taken seriously. <sigh>
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

What about Georgina, Ginger, Regina, Ginevra or Eugina?
    Tasha. 21. Brit. Name Geek.

Darcy - thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately Georginia, Regina and Ginevra are nms. I do like Ginger (but mostly as a mn as it becomes difficult in German and as 95% of my family is German....) and Eugenia has always struck me as interesting but I just don’t like it as much as I do Ginnifer. Eugenia is heavy where Ginnifer strikes me as light and sprite-like.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)