Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ginnifer?!?

Ginnifer?!?

I was watching something with Ginnifer Goodwin the other day and while I know that she changed it from Jennifer (I assume to have a more “Hollywood” look or maybe so she could join the guild if there already was a Jennifer Goodwin). Clearly she still pronounces it Jennifer and goes by Jenny.

Here’s what I’d like to know:
    1) What do you think of Ginnifer?
    2) How would you pronounce it?

I am rather taken by Ginnifer (Gin-nih-fer) nn Ginny. (This pronunciation and spelling only).
    It feels like a fun variation of Jennifer (which while beautiful I’m just a little bored of at the moment - I’ve also never really liked Jen or Jenny). But, I’m not sure I’d want to use it - the name nerd in me can’t really get over the “no history/made up” part and I’d really love some input. (I’m not pregnant or TTC but we are getting married soon and I know that my FH has a much more traditional classics, spunky modern taste than I do - so of course I’m trying to come up with things I’d like). Thank you!!
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

1) What do you think of Ginnifer? I personally do not care for it.
    2) How would you pronounce it? I would pronounce it gin-nah-fer.

I think the nickname Ginny is cute but I would use a different full name.
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Emerson Gray o Bennett Wolf
    -------------------- o -------------------- o ---------------------

heart my son

She changed it from Jennifer to Ginnifer because of the way it is pronounced where she grew up. Also because there are a lot of other Jennifer actressess. It also looks cool with her last name!
    She went by Jenny, but it sounds like Ginny in Memphis, Tennessee.
    I love Ginny, so I like Ginnifer. I think Ginnifer is better than Jennifer. Since Jennifer is way too popular. However, of all the options for a full name for Ginny, I prefer Ginevra.

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl13 View Post
    She changed it from Jennifer to Ginnifer because of the way it is pronounced where she grew up. [...]
    She went by Jenny, but it sounds like Ginny in Memphis, Tennessee.
    This makes sense (sort of) except that it definitely sounds like Jenny when she’s refers to herself in the third person. I remember so clearly because I was a little surprised by it not being Ginny.
    Anywho... thank you on your input and thoughts on Ginnifer and the suggestion of Ginevra - it’s a little too close to Geneva for me - the whole name of the city is tainted for my by its German/Swiss name “Genf" (ɡɛnf).
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Not a fan of Ginnifer. I would use Ginevra, Ginny, Guinevere.
    Girls-Isobel-Madeleine-Charlotte-Eleanor-Olenna-Annabel-Astrid
    Boys-Owen-Miles-Hugo-Charlie-Harry-Oliver-James