Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New short list

Question New short list

I've narrowed down my super long list to the names I keep coming back to the most. Opinions?

Sophie
    Marlowe
    Sadie
    Mila
    Vada/Veda

These are all really lovely names!
    Sophie--this is so classic and pretty. I know a lot of Sophies, but if the popularity doesn't bother you, it is a beautiful name.
    Marlowe--I have started to like this a lot lately. It sounds like meadow and reminds me of summertime. I like the nn Marley too.
    Sadie--This feels like a more playful version of Sophie to me. Still familiar and classic, but a little more unusual and more fun. I like the sound of Sophie better, though.
    Mila--I love the name Michaela/Mikayla, which feels urban but also cozy, and Lila, which is flowery and princessy, and Mila is right in between the two so it gets both. I met a little girl named Myra once and it fit her really well, and I imagine Mila would be similar in real life. She could really make it her own. Although to be honest the sound of Mila isn't really my style, it sounds a little reptilian to me.
    Vada/Veda--This is probably my least favorite from your list, though I don't hate it by any means. Vada is a little too close to Darth Vader, and Veda looks like a type of cheese or Las Vegas. But Veda also reminds me of the star Vega, which is an association I like, so I would choose the Veda spelling.
    Last edited by lu; April 18th, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Theophile | Bernard (Bear) | Arthur | Reuben | Angus
    Enora (Enna/Nori) June | Haruhi | Ravenna | Mona
    Anjalie | Holly | Igraine | Julia | Sonata | Polaris | Sigune

Of all those names, Sophie is my favorite. I really like French names, and Sophie is also 'nice' to hear.

I like Sophie and Sadie, Mila and Veda are fine but not my style, but I can't see Marlowe as anything but a last name (or maybe a dog name), and not a very pretty one at that.

1. Sophie
    It's popular for a reason. Lovely name, cute but ages well and is elegant without being fussy.

2. Sadie
    Pretty, a little cutesy but I think it works pretty well for all ages.

Marlowe, Veda and Mila are nms. I don't really like them but I don't see anything objectionable about them.