Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which middle for Mary?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Clare

10 28.57%
  • Mary Pascale

15 42.86%
  • Keep looking! (please post ideas)

10 28.57%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Pascale?

Mary Pascale?

We had decide on Mary Clare if we have a girl but I'm due over the Easter season and I'm thinking it would be lovely to tie that in and I wonder if Clare is a bit plain compared to my other daughters mn (Wyn). WDYT of Mary Pascale?

There would also be a second middle name honouring my grandmother but we haven't 100% settled on that (her maiden name perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by mmljar1 View Post
    We had decide on Mary Clare if we have a girl but I'm due over the Easter season and I'm thinking it would be lovely to tie that in and I wonder if Clare is a bit plain compared to my other daughters mn (Wyn). WDYT of Mary Pascale?

There would also be a second middle name honouring my grandmother but we haven't 100% settled on that (her maiden name perhaps).
    Wait, so would this be a double-barrel name? If you're not going to use Pascale all the time, I really like it as a middle.

But I think of Pascale as a boys' name, so Mary does seems a little strange with it, being such a feminine name. I like Mary Clare.

Wait, so would this be a double-barrel name? If you're not going to use Pascale all the time, I really like it as a middle.
    No hyphen just a middle name.

But I think of Pascale as a boys' name
    I understood Pascale to be the feminine and Paschal to be masculine? I must admit I have only met one Pascale in the flesh and she was a girl so I may be assuming incorrectly? The database has it under both M + F options but they tend to call everything unisex LOL.

Anaxandra - thanks for the ideas. I like Mary Alice and Mary Lucille from your list but maybe not enough to bump Clare....

I don't know why this is soooooo hard. A friend suggested Mary Blythe which I also like but I'm worried about pronunciation of Blythe being an issue (from someone who likes Pascale! I know, I know...)

I really like it- Pascale is a beautiful name. If you are looking for more Easter themed names, here are a few ideas (but I really like Pascale... I wouldn't worry about pronunciation- it is quite self explanatory ). It is a girls name, Pascal or Paschal is the male form, though it does work for a boy as well.
    Anastasia
    Pascoe
    Easter
    Parasha
    Acacia
    Osiris

However, Pascale is certainly my favourite. I think it is beautiful, and I am so glad you are using Mary (a really underated name that is lovely on a little girl- I have known a few and it fits them wonderfully).