Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pregnant, breast feeding and sleepless

Hi Berries, anyone have any advice for getting some comfortable sleep during pregnancy? The twins are 32 weeks now and I am HUUUGE and hot and restless and irritable. Argh! They seem to be especially active at night and it is made worse by the fact my usual sleeping angel Quentin has turned into a night owl and wants to breastfeed during the night. Feel like I'm never going to sleep properly again!
    Our perfect little family:
    Quentin, Casper and Ramona

I've heard talk of body pillows and other pillow arrangements. They never worked for me, they always made things worse. At the end I was just not sleeping through the night. If I couldn't sleep I didn't lay there and try to force the issue though, I'd get up and do something calming like read and try again when I felt ready. Stressing over it always makes not getting sleep worse, in my experience.

It is so hard getting a good nights sleep when pregnant, I really feel for you. The pillows and everything never really worked for me (although i do sleep with one between my knees). I do find though that keeping hydrated throughout the day really helps. Dehydration can make it really hard to sleep peacefully, and if its hot and your son is having extra breastfeeds then you might be needing a bit more fluid. Make sure its throughout the day, otherwise you'll just be up peeing all night, and not fridge cold so that you body can absorb it more easily.
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Ugh. The last 4 or 5 weeks of my twin pregnancy were the WORST!!! I feel for you. Honestly I didn't really find anything that helped a lot. Do you have a recliner or other place to sleep that might be more comfortable than your bed? I remember it being impossible to get comfortable in my bed despite having an extra mattress on top and probably about 11 extra pillows stuffed in all the various places that felt like they needed support.
    And not to terrify you but the first few months of having twins was incredibly hard. We did tandem breast feeding and I couldn't get both the boys up in the right position to eat without my husband's help so we were both up for every feeding. They were up every 2 hours to eat (and then ate for an hour, so we basically sleep an hour before they got up again) for THREE MONTHS!! I can't imagine having another child to care for during that time, although I know plenty of people have survived it.
    My boys will be 3 this summer and I love the relationship they have. Seeing them find so much joy in each other makes those difficult times in the beginning worth it.
    Good luck!!!
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

I have a pregnancy pillow which I found useful last time but it's doing nothing for me this time around; I'm sharing a bed with 2 wriggly unborns, a 6 foot 3 husband, 7 pillows and a newly clingy 17 month old who wants to breastfeed, play tickle tickle, and have his feet in the parts of my ribs the twins' feet aren't. Something's got to give!

Thanks for the tip Freya, I'll try extra water today! How many weeks pregnant were you when you had the boys Zaelia? I'd really being looking forward to having two until just this last 2 weeks as Quentin has joined us in the bed after being poorly and crying for night feeds. Love your names too, we're considering Oliver.
    Our perfect little family:
    Quentin, Casper and Ramona