Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What Would You Name This Girl?

A good friend of mine is expecting a baby girl and she's also been struggling with finding that perfect name!

She and her husband want something very girly but nothing that will not age well (mainly meaning they don't want a nickname-as-a-full-name type of deal). I was showing her the site and we looked at one of the blog posts and literally yelled "THAT! I want a name that would fit THAT baby! She looks sweet and innocent and cute"

So....what would you name this baby girl: http://versioned.nameberry.com/blog/...tu-618x412.jpg

It's probably not much to go on, sorry, but I'm really hoping you all can help her as much as you've all helped me!!

Oh, haha, that baby is adorable! My mom saw me reading the Nameberry blog tonight after dinner and wanted to know whose baby it was. haha. I was like, "Erm, I think it's a stock photo, Mom." haha.

I can actually see her being an Eliane. Or Sophie, Serena, Aurora, Louisa, or maybe Lydia. Tara was my first idea, but I don't think it suits her at all, lol. I can also see Charlotte, Beatrice, or Eloise...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Amelie (with the ah-meh-lee pn).

Something like that, or maybe Evangeline or Angelina. She could easily be an Isadora, Aurora, Esmerelda, Aveline (actually I thought of the Irish Aibhilin/Eibhilin pn AYV-leen first but this French alternative is probably more manageable in North America and has a more frilly/romantic appeal)

I guess the pink tutu is swaying me towards the princessy-delicate side of things, but she really does look like a baby Amelie I know. And in my head, she mostly suits vowel names for some reason... otherwise, I guess she could be a Paloma? Seraphina? Viola? Still, they're all very vowel-heavy.

And I'll take a final swing at Saskia. I don't know why, it just seems perfect for some reason.
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal with a lovely black kitten Shura

a few close to my heart;
    Emmett - Eoghan - Alec - Wilfred - Oberon - Nicholas - Hugh
    Polly - Estella - Jemima - Billie - Imogen - Eilidh - Fenella