Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anna Grace- does this bug you, too?

A couple we know just named their daughter Anna Grace. So essentially- Grace Grace. Anna Grace does sound pretty together, but the meaning thing bothers me. Unless I am totally wrong about Anna meaning Grace? I just have to wonder- do they know and they did it on purpose? Or do they have no idea? I don't know them well enough to ask, really.

Anyhow, do you know anyone who named their kid like this? Does it bug you? My husband works with a guy named Dave Davison, that kind of bothers me in the same way.

Anna does come from Hannah, which means "grace, favour" in Hebrew.

The meaning isn't apparent in English, so I guess that the parents probably didn't know. I wouldn't use it myself, but for someone else's child I don't mind it, since Anna doesn't jump out as meaning "grace" to the average English speaker.

Honestly, I rarely remember meanings and don't ascribe much importance to them when I do. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the parents don't seem to have done any research on the names they chose.

I know a sibset of Hannah and Grace, (whose parents were aware that both names meant the same thing), and while both the names and theme-y meanings are NMS, it doesn't really bother me.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Viola Ailsa Coraline
    Emmett Kieran Prosper Zeke August

No, I think it's beautiful!

Yes.... it bothers me too. ._.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion