Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thank you ruesmom, it is going to take me a while to sort through all of these! Hopefully there is a winner amongst them!

These names all have strong name associations or sounds for me...

Ruth
    Lilith
    Joan
    Elanor
    Margaret
    Arden
    Briar
    Ingrid
    Inez
    Meredith
    Constance
    Adair
    Catherine
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by vblanch View Post
    What girls names exude the most strength for you? Ones that either just sound tough or have powerful meanings or backgrounds. I want to hear them!
    My choice would be Lucania. It has a stately quality, an edginess for today without stepping over to be a boys names, it has a connection to history, an antique/rustic charm, and manages to sound delicate and feminine without being frilly/clunky or ostentatious in sound, look, and appeal. It works for today.

Side-note- Bradamante and Hero are as about as tough as you can get by definition-story and history. They give us our understanding of what we see as being tough, noble, powerfulness by words or actions or by both words and actions, or what a Hero is in general. There are those who embodied it like Cleopatra by her fierceness or Andromeda by her willingness to be killed by her mother's actions, so the list can go on.

Or it could be just that Nobility used certain names like Elizabeth or Catherine or Adelheid or Rechenza/Richenda/Rikissa... which lends to their air/ora, which leads to the duty and responsibility of such a position that nobility had weighing on their shoulders, which give its romantic imagery but restriction and solemness as well. Or just how well they ruled classified them in this category. Clotilde by origin/meaning can work as well.
    Last edited by vespertinerose; April 16th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Morrigan - 'Phantom Queen' a semi-scary Irish mythology goddess of war and ravens. And it has a fairly imposing sound IMO. I don't think it's masculine though.
    Zelda
    Isidra
    Belisent
    Rosamund
    Ceridwen
    Dvora
    Yael