Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Mason?

WDYT of Mason?

After redoing and rearranging my boys list several times, I'm considering adding Mason to the list. I know it's at #2, but popularity doesn't really bother me. So popularity aside, what are your opinions on Mason? Is it worth adding to my list or should I keep looking?

*EDIT: Owen is at the top of my list right now, do you think Mason and Owen are too similar to use as siblings? They are two very different names to me, but they both are two syllables and end with N. Would you use them together? If not, which do you prefer?
    Last edited by litaloo; April 16th, 2014 at 12:58 AM.
    Ella ~ Elena ~ Emma ~ Isabel ~ Molly ~ Nora ~ Sophie
    Elliot ~ Emmett ~ Oliver ~ Owen ~ Roman ~ Ronan ~ Rowan

I probably wouldn't use Mason and Owen together as they sound quite similar. I'd prefer Owen.

I'm not a huge fan of Mason. I don't go for hugely popular names (and Mason is hugely popular), but, despite that, I just don't much like the name. However, it's perfectly nice and that's just my personal preference. It strikes me as quite a trendy name (i.e. lots of Masons will be born within a similar time frame, then the name will drop steeply, and in the future Mason will be seen as "so 2012").
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Thanks sarahmezz! I get what you are saying about Mason being "trendy". I feel like the same thing could happen with Owen; Mason is just more popular at the moment.

I have always loved Mason, but the popularity would stop me from using it. If popularity isn't an issue for you and you love it then I would encourage you to use it! I think Mason and Owen are too similar to use in a sibset
    Ladies: Anna, Audrey, Emilia, Josie, Kiersten, Lucy, Miranda

Gentleman: Grady, Grant, Isaac, Jonah, Morgan, Rory, Shane

Thanks ad10.