Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Must use a -y?

Must use a -y?

Baby no. 3 is on her way and I'm a little confused! We have two sons, Fredrick "Ricky" and Theodore "Teddy", and now we've been told that since she is going to be our last, that she needs a nickname ending in -y or she will feel left out.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any suggestions?

No way! A matchy nickname is totally not necessary if the name you love can't be shortened easily. It's not even something I would prioritize, to be honest.

Enjoying being a newlywed..................................................... .....................
    Elena | Clara | Ruby | Elizabeth | Juliet | Anastasia | Cordelia
    Henry | Lucas | Nathaniel | Isaac | Phillip | Caspian | Everett
    .....................................................but dreaming of little ones down the road.

No.
    Maybe if it was a boy, but since they're not even the same sex I wouldn't care honestly. I would probably refrain from it actually.

No she doesn't need a nick name ending in Y. Pick what you love if it happens to follow a theme then so be it.
    Theodore Arthur

Thanks everyone! We know we want a name with a nickname, but we weren't sure if it needed to end with a -y as well.

Does anyone have any general suggestions (names with nicknames, preferably)? We haven't found anything at all that we really like!