Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ramona

Ramona

Hello berries,
    I have just thought of my favorite that I somehow managed to forget for several time. It's Ramona, for which I like "ruh-moh-nuh" pronunciation.
    1)The only two references I can remember are the novel by the same name by H.H. Jackson and a character from J.D.Salinger's Nine Stories. Do you associate Ramona with something else?
    2) Do you like it? Is is likely to become trendy or always be uncool? But keep in mind, I like Myrtle and Constance. Do you like Marion better?
    3) Which nickname do you prefer: Roo or Mona(like La Gioconda)? Possible sibling names are Basil, Ignatius, Emmeline and Constance.
    Thank you so much!
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

I like Ramona. Don't have any associations, I just think it as upper class name of early colonial time (but in exotic places). I prefer Mona nickname. I don't see it as uncool as Myrtle, but I'm not American. Haha. Hope I was helpful.

I like it too and I always associate it with the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary.

I'm sorry but I don't like it. I don't like how it breaks down in my mind. Ram and Mona. I think of a ram as in Aries the Ram and Mona as in someone who moans a lot.
    On the same theme I like Rowan for a girl. The nickname Ro pronounced row as in row a boat is cute or RuRu.
    I do love Emmeline and Constance. NN Emmy and Connie.

1. I think of the Ramona Quimby books which is a cool association.
    2. I LOVE Ramona.
    3. I prefer Roo because Mona=moan.