Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by themamae View Post
    I like Theo but it isn't anywhere near as fantastic as Theodore. I can't imagine your son resenting you for giving him the name. I am from England but have lived in the Midwest of America for nearly a year, and I don't think it would be seen as nerdy or too formal in either location!
    Thanks for your input! That is great to hear! Theodore is definitely topping our list right now, because we can actually agree that we both like it! Initially it wasn't my favorite but it's really growing on me knowing that DH likes it so much. My husband is leaning more toward Theo because he has a longer first name that never gets used and is always shortened to his nn, but he's not opposed to Theodore either.
    Twenty-something wifey expecting our first baby boy summer 2014 <3
    Names for our little man: Theo, Noah, Elijah, Weston, Roman, Emmett, Griffin....still searching!
    Future little ladies: Lillian, Violet, Nora, Vivienne, Lila, Olivia, Aria, Scarlett, Emilia, Juliette

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I can understand why you would want to go with just Theo. It stands fine on its own. Some parents opt for Leo on its own, so why not Theo? Personally I would go with Theodore because I find it so distinguished and strong, and I like the slightly stuffy feel to it.
    I really appreciate you saying Theo stands on it's own! My main concern with naming him Theo is that people would automatically assume his full name is Theodore and he would have to correct them. Not that that is such a horrible problem, but I do think it would be annoying. I'm also concerned about the flow of Theo with our last name, which begins with a long E sound and is two syllables. I'm worried it's too much "E" sound.
    Names for our little man: Theo, Noah, Elijah, Weston, Roman, Emmett, Griffin....still searching!
    Future little ladies: Lillian, Violet, Nora, Vivienne, Lila, Olivia, Aria, Scarlett, Emilia, Juliette

Theo is a great name! Theodore is not stuffy and old man. It's the height of fashion! In some circles anyway. I named my son Theodore, mostly thinking I would call him Theo but I don't like nicknames on the birth certificate. It's nice to have other nickname options for when he gets older though and I do end up using his full name pretty often, the husband even more so I'm glad we went that route.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxandra View Post
    Theo is a great name! Theodore is not stuffy and old man. It's the height of fashion! In some circles anyway. I named my son Theodore, mostly thinking I would call him Theo but I don't like nicknames on the birth certificate. It's nice to have other nickname options for when he gets older though and I do end up using his full name pretty often, the husband even more so I'm glad we went that route.
    Thank you for your opinion and for speaking from personal experience! Theodore is definitely growing on me more and more! I do like the idea of having other options as he grows, knowing that he can stick with Theo if he wants to!

I love Theodore but do not care for Theo. Even though I personally would not use Theo, I think you could easily use it as a full name. I love the nicknames Teddy, Ted, and Bear for Theodore.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son