Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Theo vs Theodore

Hi Berries,

Since we found out that our little one on the way is a boy, I can finally get my husband to take this naming thing seriously! Obviously my mother's intuition was kicking in that we were having a boy, since all of my posts have been on the boy name board If you've read any of my past posts, you know that my husband and I are both picky, and we have a hard time agreeing on names. That being said, we both do like the name Theo! My issue with this name is that I'm torn between just Theo or Theodore. I like the idea of having Theodore for a full name, but yet I know that he will be called Theo all the time anyway. I also feel like Theo has a more modern edge to it vs Theodore. To me the two names give off totally different vibes. What do you berries think? Is Theo a full name on its own or are we better off going with Theodore?
    Twenty-something wifey expecting our first baby boy summer 2014 <3
    Names for our little man: Theo, Noah, Elijah, Weston, Roman, Emmett, Griffin....still searching!
    Future little ladies: Lillian, Violet, Nora, Vivienne, Lila, Olivia, Aria, Scarlett, Emilia, Juliette

I like both, but I actually prefer Theodore nn Theo. That said, Theo is in my top 10 if I have another boy, as it goes better stylistically with my son's name. Theodore is handsome and dashing, but a bit too formal/fancy (?) to go with my son's simple name. I guess it depends what trend you'd like to start if you plan to have more kids. With the boy names in your sig, I would say Theo is the better fit.
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

Theo sounds a little too nicknameish for me, so I personally would go with Theodore and use Theo as his nickname. Both are names are lovely!
    My name is Alice, but you can call me Adelina. I'm just another Teenberry who has an obession with names, royals, history and photography.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline Ophelia Maeve
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie ♕ Nicholas Louis

See my girls and boys lists and new name blog!

Crushes: Léonie, Marielle, Athena, Delphine, Marianne, Jericho, Finley & Lucius
    GP Crushes: Adora, Estellise, Anise, Isabelino, Harvey & Valentino

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    I like both, but I actually prefer Theodore nn Theo. That said, Theo is in my top 10 if I have another boy, as it goes better stylistically with my son's name. Theodore is handsome and dashing, but a bit too formal/fancy (?) to go with my son's simple name. I guess it depends what trend you'd like to start if you plan to have more kids. With the boy names in your sig, I would say Theo is the better fit.
    I definitely agree that Theodore is more "formal" and that's what I think I don't like about it as much as Theo. But I also feel like people are going to assume that Theo is short for Theodore. I also do like the potential for nn Teddy from Theodore. Thanks for your opinion!
    Names for our little man: Theo, Noah, Elijah, Weston, Roman, Emmett, Griffin....still searching!
    Future little ladies: Lillian, Violet, Nora, Vivienne, Lila, Olivia, Aria, Scarlett, Emilia, Juliette

Quote Originally Posted by adelina_sophia View Post
    Theo sounds a little too nicknameish for me, so I personally would go with Theodore and use Theo as his nickname. Both are names are lovely!
    I agree, and I love the idea of a more formal full name with Theo as a nn. I just wish I loved Theodore as much as Theo.