Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alexandra vs Alexandria

I love Alexander nn Zander/Xander for a boy but I don't think I'd ever actually use it. However, I think I'm starting to like the feminine versions of it. What do you like more, Alexandra or Alexandria and why? Or do you not like either at all? Also, I like the versatile nickname options for this name. What nicknames do you like best? Specifically, do what do you think of the nn Andi? Thanks!
    Ladies: Lucy Josephine, Emilia Margaret, Audrey Lucille

Gentleman: Morgan Zachary, Gavin Thomas, Avery Glen

I find Alexandra a bit boring considering how many people I know with similar, but more exciting versions: I had a coworker named Alexandria-- I think it's very beautiful and still accessible. I also recently met an Aleksandra, which I also find intriguing and beautiful. Finally, I know a Zandra. I'm surprised this nn isn't more popular considering all the love that Xander and Zander get around here.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

I prefer Alexandria, as an underused place name and a slightly more regal variation of Alexandra. Personally, my favourite versions of the Alex family are Alexa and Alexis. I love the nickname Andi. I have known quite a few girls with the name Andi/Andy/Andie, and it actually holds up beautifully as a name, particularly with the Andy/Andie spelling.

There are lots of nicknames I like for Alexandria:
    Dree
    Dria
    Lexie
    Alexa
    Andy
    Xandy
    Xandrie

It is a very versatile name.

I know of a little girl who goes by Xandi and it's super cute I just wonder if Xandra and Xandi would often be mistaken for Sandra and Sandy, 2 names I really don't like. I think Xandra and Xandi make the names Alexandra/Alexandria a bit fresher. I know way too many girls known as Alex, Lexi, and Alexa, which is why I'm on the fence about this name. I love the versatility of it but at the same time wonder if it's a tad dated/overused.
    Ladies: Lucy Josephine, Emilia Margaret, Audrey Lucille

Gentleman: Morgan Zachary, Gavin Thomas, Avery Glen

Alexandria for me. Because it's kinda unusual and sounds awesome.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias