Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alexandra vs Alexandria

I love Alexander nn Zander/Xander for a boy but I don't think I'd ever actually use it. However, I think I'm starting to like the feminine versions of it. What do you like more, Alexandra or Alexandria and why? Or do you not like either at all? Also, I like the versatile nickname options for this name. What nicknames do you like best? Specifically, do what do you think of the nn Andi? Thanks!
    Top Picks

Nolan Zachary
    Bram Avery
    Audrey Joanna
    Natalie Brynn

I find Alexandra a bit boring considering how many people I know with similar, but more exciting versions: I had a coworker named Alexandria-- I think it's very beautiful and still accessible. I also recently met an Aleksandra, which I also find intriguing and beautiful. Finally, I know a Zandra. I'm surprised this nn isn't more popular considering all the love that Xander and Zander get around here.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

I prefer Alexandria, as an underused place name and a slightly more regal variation of Alexandra. Personally, my favourite versions of the Alex family are Alexa and Alexis. I love the nickname Andi. I have known quite a few girls with the name Andi/Andy/Andie, and it actually holds up beautifully as a name, particularly with the Andy/Andie spelling.

There are lots of nicknames I like for Alexandria:
    Dree
    Dria
    Lexie
    Alexa
    Andy
    Xandy
    Xandrie

It is a very versatile name.

I know of a little girl who goes by Xandi and it's super cute I just wonder if Xandra and Xandi would often be mistaken for Sandra and Sandy, 2 names I really don't like. I think Xandra and Xandi make the names Alexandra/Alexandria a bit fresher. I know way too many girls known as Alex, Lexi, and Alexa, which is why I'm on the fence about this name. I love the versatility of it but at the same time wonder if it's a tad dated/overused.
    Top Picks

Nolan Zachary
    Bram Avery
    Audrey Joanna
    Natalie Brynn

Alexandria for me. Because it's kinda unusual and sounds awesome.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Liv. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Valencia Lyra Amoret. Rosalind Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Annabelle Helena Lúthien. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Cedric. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Felix
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Amadeus. Damien Alexei Orion