Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Alexandria I have used in a story of mine and I love it. She has the nickname of Sasha which is used more and her middle name is Blair. Sibling is Jasmine.

Laura

I think I prefer Alexandria a bit more. Mostly because in history we learnt about how the city was so important in relation to medicine, and about the Great Library of Alexandria. And there was the Lighthouse of Alexandria, which was one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, so it's got a lot going for it. Plus it's got a bit of a mysterious, magical feel to it that I really like, and a lot of history. It might be going on my list now!
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ CajaVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I have personally met too many Alexandria's to count, it would be refreshing to meet an Alexandra.

For me, Alexandria has a little bit too much flair, but that's consistent with my general dislike of frilly names (I'd take Isabel over Isabella, Sophie over Sophia any day). Alexei is my favorite Alex name. There's also the spelling Aleksandra, which to me has a different sound. Alexandra comes out sounding like al-ig-ZAN-druh when I say it, whereas Aleksandra is al-ik-SAHN-druh.

Andi is a fine nickname. I'm not the biggest fan, but that probably stems from the how boring I find Andrew. It's nicer as an unexpected short form of Alexandr(i)a than in its usual place.

Other related or similar sounding names:
    Alexei
    Alexis
    Lexi
    Exie
    Alexa
    Alexia
    Alessia
    Alessandra
    Aleksandra
    Anaxandra

Anaxander
    Alekai
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such

I am a bit torn. I like the historical associations that come with Alexandra, I like the dated Lexie, and I just like the overall sound. I also like Alexandria; but for some reason it feels harder to say for me and I feel like other people may mistake it for Alexandra anyway. I like both, ugh it's so hard!
    Last edited by sodallas3; April 15th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas