Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names That Have Bad Associations

Don't ask why, but for characters I want old names with sometimes a bad history; I'm trying to turn the negative image around. Not too negative, though: I'm not doing Cain or Romulus since they're both murderers, and Lilith is a demon queen or whatever so that's out. Anyway, help would be appreciated.

Desdemona maybe. It doesn't have a bad history as such but she was a character from one of Shakespeare's plays and apparently she had quite a tragic death,and it doesn't really get used that much (it was the name of one of the sims 2 characters in Veronaville though).

Desdemona seems cool. I'm looking also for names with an old history that are underrated, so your reply was perfect, actually.

Ophelia is such a beautiful name but in Hamlet (Shakespeare) she is insane and dies and it's generally associated with tragedy and insanity and it would be awesome for someone to give it a good connotation
    Melody ~ Esther ~ Leona ~ Helena ~ Rowena ~ Elspeth ~ Aurora ~ Hermione ~ Elowen ~ Rose ~ Clara ~ Eleanor ~ Hazel ~ Amelie ~ Audrey ~ Romilly ~ Adele ~ Polly ~ Josephine ~ Leonora

Oliver ~ Henry ~ Arthur ~ Felix ~ Theodore ~ Marcel ~ Rowan ~ Asher ~ Caspian ~ Gideon ~ Archer ~ Charlie ~ Benedict ~ Julian ~ Tristan ~ Edward ~ Maxwell ~ August ~ Christopher

Guilty Pleasures
    Apollonia ~ Ophelia ~ Isolde ~ Calypso
    Magnus ~ River ~ Atticus ~ Dashiell

Lots of Biblical names would work as there are lots of evil characters mentioned!

- Jael: killed a man by sticking a tent peg through his skull
    - Salome: asked her step-father Herod to give her John the Baptist's head on a plate
    - Herod: see above. Oh and he also married his brother's wife, which isn't really evil but doesn't do him any favours either
    - Jehoram: killed and dismembered his 6 brothers in order to become king
    - Abimelech: slaughtered 70 men from his tribe
    - Jezebel: serial adulteress rumoured to sacrifice babies
    - Delilah: seduced Samson then sold the secret of his strength to his enemies
    Current favourites
    Elliott Nathaniel, Rowan Frasier, Miles Julian
    Astrid Octavia, Carys Rosamund, Beatrix Matilda

Guilty pleasures (that DH would never let me use!)
    Darcy, Ottilie, Mallory - Ezekiel, Dominic, Xavier

Our three feline companions: Gandalf, Hamish and Jones (nn Jonesy)