Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names That Have Bad Associations

Don't ask why, but for characters I want old names with sometimes a bad history; I'm trying to turn the negative image around. Not too negative, though: I'm not doing Cain or Romulus since they're both murderers, and Lilith is a demon queen or whatever so that's out. Anyway, help would be appreciated.

Desdemona maybe. It doesn't have a bad history as such but she was a character from one of Shakespeare's plays and apparently she had quite a tragic death,and it doesn't really get used that much (it was the name of one of the sims 2 characters in Veronaville though).

Desdemona seems cool. I'm looking also for names with an old history that are underrated, so your reply was perfect, actually.

Ophelia is such a beautiful name but in Hamlet (Shakespeare) she is insane and dies and it's generally associated with tragedy and insanity and it would be awesome for someone to give it a good connotation
    Melody ~ Esther ~ Leona ~ Helena ~ Rowena ~ Elspeth ~ Aurora ~ Hermione ~ Elowen ~ Rose ~ Clara ~ Eleanor ~ Hazel ~ Amelie ~ Audrey ~ Romilly ~ Adele ~ Polly ~ Josephine ~ Leonora

Oliver ~ Henry ~ Arthur ~ Felix ~ Theodore ~ Marcel ~ Rowan ~ Asher ~ Caspian ~ Gideon ~ Archer ~ Charlie ~ Benedict ~ Julian ~ Tristan ~ Edward ~ Maxwell ~ August ~ Christopher

Guilty Pleasures
    Artemis ~ Ophelia ~ Isolde ~ Calypso
    Magnus ~ River ~ Atticus ~ Dashiell

Lots of Biblical names would work as there are lots of evil characters mentioned!

- Jael: killed a man by sticking a tent peg through his skull
    - Salome: asked her step-father Herod to give her John the Baptist's head on a plate
    - Herod: see above. Oh and he also married his brother's wife, which isn't really evil but doesn't do him any favours either
    - Jehoram: killed and dismembered his 6 brothers in order to become king
    - Abimelech: slaughtered 70 men from his tribe
    - Jezebel: serial adulteress rumoured to sacrifice babies
    - Delilah: seduced Samson then sold the secret of his strength to his enemies
    Top three current favourites:
    Elliott Ronald Maxwell, Zachary Alfred Frasier, Miles Alasdair Luther
    Astrid Matilda Jocelyn, Romilly Harriet Imogen, Beatrix Rosa Juliet