Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Dexter

What do you think about the name Dexter? How about paired with big brother Riley?

I think a lot of people I know associate the name with the serial killer show, Dexter, but we just love the name and feel like, if we have a boy in the next year or so, his peers likely will not know the association.

What are all of your thoughts on this name and association?

I have never watched the show. I really like Dexter and love the nickname Dex. I think it is very handsome. I think Dexter and Riley make a wonderful sibling set.
    Piers Lachlan Wilder
    Charlie Bennett Wolf
    Oliver Henry Birch
    Crispin Everett Gray
    Declan Theodore August
    Sophie Elizabeth Fable
    Grace Margaret Birdie "Birdie"
    Emma Jane Magnolia
    Tilly Annabel Vesper or
    Lily Anne Vesper
    Edie Rose Clementine

heart my son

I love it, and I think it goes really well with Riley.

I have seen quite a bit of the show Dexter and it does make me think of it when I hear the name, but I like the name anyways and I think that if people want to, they will find negative associations with any name, so if I like a name for good reason, I keep it on my list. Because if I listened to every negative association I heard was attached to a name I'd have a very limited list to choose from when I do have kids. So I say go with what you like and let your child own that name and once people start associating Dexter with him it might make them see it in a different light!
    *Middles*

Alexander * Amos * Bay * Benjamin * Casper * Castiel * Corwin * Davis * Dawson * Ezekiel *Emmet * Henry * Hugo * Jace * Jasper * Joseph * Jude * Leon * Luca * Quill * River * Simeon* Theodore * Valor * Vincent * Wilder * Zane
    Adeline * Annalise * Azalea * Bluebelle * Bethel * Charlotte * Frances * Hyacinth * Jane * June *Jemima * Lila * Lilac * Marianne * Milena * Odele * Penelope * Plum * Poet * Priya * Prudence* Quilla * Rivers * Rose * Thalia * Winter * Zahira

I don't think of the show - I very much like Dexter, and think it pairs fantastically with Riley.