Names Searched Right Now:

Seen At A Debutante Ball

So I recently went to a debutante ball and they always have these thick programs filled with ads and letters from family and stuff. I went through and chose my favorites and least favorites of them.

Favorites: Raquel, Karyn, Asante (with an accent pointing right on top of the e), Malachi, Asa, Ara, Lyndell, Kevindene, Nellie, Orion, D'Errico, Nonie, Starr, Aniya, Martise, Kiersten, Kylie, Annie Pearl, Marquez, Jermichael, Reginald, Rodock, Zee, AuJordan, Alan, Ann Pepper, Onzlow, Ricardo, Louise, Pavalon, Felix, Carnetta, Mayfield, Vivian, Xiaomin, Veradi, Edgar, Ari, Ingrid, and Tara.

Least Favorites: T'Chynna, Justyc, Araybhia, Terence, Rushern, Chiquita, DeChane, Demaris, Undra, Chandois, VaShawn, Re'Quan, Charletta, Bryce, Walta, Errol, Laureen, Ancha, Konita, Lucretia, Mylise, Janeen, Mona', Lianna, Lori, Velma, Dorene, Latresa, Genie, Ade'Leaka, La'Tia, Tyreis, Sylvester, Donald, Priscilla, Sidney, Na'Neice, Janee, Tweet, Paulita, Ashia, Takonia, Budd, Robnetta, Oneida, Dennice, Warren, Sheron, Glenda, Izae'Yah, Darrisaw, Erma, Tawanna, Pamala, Bonnie, Margret, Deloyce, Margree, EdBrya, Jermond, Peyton, Dillan, Rayven, Bryttney, Alexis, Tristan, Deron, Charltez, Marquia, EdZavion, Braydon, Darrin, Flossie, Massie, Maine, Tee Pam, Redden, Machaela, Hank, Amera, Peggy, Doren, Aumir, Patsy, Casandra, Byron, Spurgeon, Lillie, Eldred, Crystene, Bettye, Vaughnetta, Nelfred, Marian, Hillyn, Angeline, Iria, Chandler, Duane, Myrick, Laurell, Gloria, Nekia, Eugenia, Connie, Ambian, Mildred, Shiana, Jasue, Felycya, Dominique, Rj, Yevonne, Ralph, Marcia, Marcietta, Eva, Sharita, Emett, Deloris, Wesley, Elayne, Dawna, Alvin, Oinette, Sherye, Jiselle, Vernetta, Orvin, Dwight, Celeste, Clarence, Twanda, Consandra, Jean (the one prounuced like clothing), LaDonnys, Lizz, Shirley, Marchette, Patrice, Keith, Junior (not a title, a name), Brandell, Bonita, Derek, Destyne, Heather, Lisa, Inez, Sue, Horace, and Demetria.

Then I kept on thinking about how many of these names could be tweaked to be better (at least in my opinion) and I came up with these names: Chandois -> Candois, Darrin -> Darisa, Deloyce -> D'Eloise, Machaela -> Makilah, Mildred -> Mildrina, LaDonnys -> Ladonis, and Derek -> Derennika.

I know that my taste is very unusual, especially because I look at names with possible book characters in mind, not real babies. I also want to know, what do you guys think of these names?

I'd be interested to hear about your time at the debutante ball. Did you enjoy the experience? What did you do all evening? I'm surprised they still exist in this day and age. Are you in the South by any chance? I don't mind the names below from the list. As far as your tweaked names are concerned, the only one I like is Mildrina. Personally, I dislike names with apostrophes or hyphens. Thanks for sharing.

Raquel
    Malachi
    Asa
    Orion
    Annie Pearl
    Louise
    Felix
    Vivian
    Edgar
    Ari
    Ingrid
    Tara