• Jasper Wells

9 42.86%
  • Calvin Wells

11 52.38%
  • .... Wells

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Jasper Wells, Calvin Wells, or ???

We are still looking for a name for our third child, first boy, due ANY day... Everyone in our family so far goes by a first name with 2-syllables, has a double letter (s, b, l, and n), and ends in an -ee sound. Our last name sounds like Brach, so we're trying to avoid a B name as well. Our naming strategy has always been recognizable and easy to spell, but not too popular (trying to stay out of the top 75 on the SSA ranking).

My husband prefers the name Jasper, but his 2nd favorite is Calvin. I like Calvin more than Jasper, but I'm not overly thrilled with either, and I'm definitely not a fan of the Twilight reference/popularity for Jasper either. We have agreed on the middle name of Wells. Please help! Not having a name I love is really stressing me out..

I like Calvin better than Jasper but it doesn't sound good with Wells
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

Calvin seems like the best compromise. You like it more than Jasper and your husband likes it too. I wouldn't worry much over how well it matches the middle name. It's more important that you like the first name. Calvin Wells works just fine. I happen to love the name, it's on my short list. I think anyway, I'm still working on it. It's hard for me to pick out your style from just two names so I'll just throw some names out that I like, since Jasper was also one that I was considering:
    Roman
    Ronan
    Dominic
    Donovan
    Vincent
    Victor
    Stefan
    Everett
    Gideon
    Harvey
    Robert
    Isaac
    August
    Oscar
    Casper
    Edwin
    Arthur
    Oliver
    Elliott
    Sebastian

Also:
    Felix
    Xavier
    Milo/Miles
    Finn
    Theo/Theodore
    Jackson
    Maxwell
    Silas
    Last edited by anaxandra; April 14th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

I personally love Wells as a first name but since that is not an option, may I suggest Callan Wells? Or Collin/Colin Wells? Kevin Wells, Gavin Wells, Evan Wells, Devin Wells. All are similar to Calvin but perhaps you like those more? What about Jameson or Jesse instead of Jasper? Or Spencer instead of Jasper? Spencer Wells *Brach is adorable!
    Ladies: Lucy Josephine, Emilia Margaret, Audrey Lucille

Gentleman: Morgan Zachary, Gavin Thomas, Avery Glen

Hi,

I can relate to you. I'm in process of finding a name for one of my twin boys. Calvin is at the top of the list, but I'm struggling to love it as a name for my son. I do love the nn Cal. I'm sure you've examined other Cal names, but Calhoun and Calum are close. My husband and I were discussing names last night and he offered Colton, which seems in the same genre of Jasper and Calvin. I also like Dylan and Weston. I think Wells works well (ugh, sorry) with any first name.
    Proud Mama to Serena Genevieve
    Expecting Twin Boys Summer 2014

Girls: Poppy, Georgiana, Claudia, Franny, Brighton
    Boys:James, August, River, Leo, Weston, Dylan, Cal, Harrison, Beck