Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think River and West, individually, are fine. But as siblings it seems to theme-y, and Serena also being wordy makes it all too much in my opinion.
    It looks like the boys' name of the day is Webster- you could definitely get Wes out of Webster if that's your style. Or just name him Wes? I know a Ned that's not short for anything, and a Kate - they don't have any trouble.
    Are there any Cal- names you like? Caleb is my favorite, Calvin, Callum, Callahan.

I agree that if you intend James River to go by his middle name, you should do the same with his twin. I think of Sarah Jessica Parker's twin daughters —*Marion Loretta and Tabitha — who are always called Marion & Tabitha by the press, even though they actually go by Loretta & Tabitha. Love the suggestions of James River & Henry West.

River & West work nicely in my opinion, since they are both cool, modern nature names with celebrity namesakes (River Phoenix and Kanye West). I do worry that West is maybe a little unusual next to River and Serena. Same thing with Bear as a formal name (I thin it would make a cool nickname).

some random suggestions:
    River and Calvin "Cal"
    River and Calum "Cal"
    River and Caleb "Cal"
    River and Wyatt
    River and Kester
    River and Preston
    River and Destry
    River and Wolf
    River and Robin
    River and Wiley
    River and Wilder
    River and Dashiell "Dash"
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I agree with mischa. River as a first name would be easier for the child throughout life. River James is nice and is less a real place name.
    Proud Mama to Jack

Number #2 is due December 2014

I Love love love LOVE LOVE River and West. I would also say though if you're going to call him River then to give him that as his first name or else teachers may make him write his name as James, etc, it just would be confusing. I think River is completely acceptable in this day and age and you don't have to be embarrassed and put it in the middle spot!! River James!
    West is also awesome, I don't see anything wrong with it. With so many Weston's and Westley's West is completely normal to me but has a great sound and great associations! I love how River and West go together in as sibling names... (imagine having a girl and naming her Sapphire??)
    Anyway, I love it
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

You already have a daughter named Serena?? I love it, how in the heck is Serena "too wordy" with River and West?? Serena, River and West is gorgeous.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)