Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I live in NYC and know two people named Fatima. Nobody seems to have trouble with it. It's a beautiful name. I think of the pronunciation more as "FAH-tee-mah" rather than "FATeemah."

It feels very Esatern European to me. But it's certainly not a bad thing.
    Olympia/College student/Books, arts, glasses and coffee

Frances Birdie Jane & Oscar Ignatius CosmoEmmeline Twila Alice & Nathaniel Roscoe Wilde
    Esme Helena Mazarine & Axel Isidore SageTabitha Elowen Constance & Grover Elijah St John

Sylvie Bluebell Dashiell Roman Georgia Polly Jarvis Raphael Sybilla Florence James Peregrine Isolde Beatrix Adler Jack

Northern England
    I think it's perfectly usable in English speaking countries, but I would be surprised to find a Fatima who's parents weren't Muslim or otherwise Arabic.

I like the fah-TEE-mah pronunciation but the FAT-ih-mah pn - as in Fatima Whitbread - isn't very attractive to me.

I drastically prefer Fahima or Farheen.
    olivia - eighteen (finally!), england but sometimes canada. i like names, film & philosophy.
    i'm desperately maternal! some beloved ideas;

Emmett CrispinRosemary Oona (Romy)
    Wilfred Jack (Wilfie) ○ Sibyl Georgia (Billie) ○ Rufus EoghanMavis MargaretEdgar AlecMaude Evangeline Hugh Baez (Hughie) ○ Fenella Briar (Nell)

crush: eudelia !

I knew a number of girls with that name in my American High School. Very pretty.
    All were Muslim though.

Kids can be harsh and if they want to tease, they'll find something to pick out regardless of whether or not your daughter's called Fatima. I don't like it personally because I just don't think it's a pretty name (and the 'fat' at the beginning would be the first thing bullies would notice... Fati wouldn't be a nice nickname either) but I could see it easily suit a woman past her 20s.

I know of one Fatima who is of Indian origin and who is Muslim, she's around 13 years old. I can't tell you if she gets picked on for it as I don't know her personally!
    19-year-old lover of names and all things parenthood...
    Maeve • Freya • Adelaide • Iris • Lucia • Shiloh • Cerys • Eva • Annaliese
    Imogen • Arabella • Leonora • Amelia • Juno • Seraphina • Lily • Sofia • Ivy

Jude • Sebastian • Leo • Archer • Reuben • Ezra • Isaiah • Sullivan • Myles
    Emerson • Luca • Joshua • Emrys • Dylan • Oliver • Henry • Charlie • Elijah