Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naming band members... and band... of male lead.

I've been on a roll lately with this old story of mine, and realized I've neglected a very important part of character development- the personal life of my male romantic lead, Alex. He plays drums in a band (recently changed from guitar- I think I'll still leave him with guitar skills though) and his band members are his best friends. The three of them were all delinquents in high school, formed band a couple years after graduation.

Genre of Story: Drama

Time Period/Location: Modern day Vermont

Brief Plot: Woman (Charlotte) has child with emotionally abusive husband (Ben), gets divorced, and tries to reclaim her life and be a good mother. Finds love with Alex, a close friend, one of her employees, and drummer in his band.

Character 1: Guitarist, friend of Alex since Jr High. Former class clown, now 27 year old who works with the sanitation department. A bit of a womanizer, likes to 'harmlessly' flirt with Charlotte, big-time prankster, but still has a big-brother mentality towards Alex and Character 2. Secretly a very responsible and respectful guy. Often lacks ambition, mostly cares about beer, women, sports, cars, food, and music.

Character 2: Bassist and vocalist, friend of both since High School. 26, mechanic by day. Has tattoos and full beard. Hardworking, diligent, and serious, often gets annoyed by the others goofing around. Perfectionist, sometimes doesn't accept responsibility for mistakes.

Also, I don't really have a name for the band. Their music is garage rock with blues/jazz influence. It could also be described as indie rock, with a sound similar to The Black Keys, The Raconteurs, or The Gossip (if the Gossip had a male lead singer).

Bump. Some help, please.

Character 1: Guitarist, friend of Alex since Jr High. Former class clown, now 27 year old who works with the sanitation department. A bit of a womanizer, likes to 'harmlessly' flirt with Charlotte, big-time prankster, but still has a big-brother mentality towards Alex and Character 2. Secretly a very responsible and respectful guy. Often lacks ambition, mostly cares about beer, women, sports, cars, food, and music.

--Alfie, Anthony, Bear, Beau, Blake, Blaine, Burke, Corbin, Derrick, Dirk, Jace, Jay, Johnny, Jonas, Jude, Julian, Luke, Murphy, Nash, Nero, Pierce, Rafferty, Raphael, Silas, Sylvester

Character 2: Bassist and vocalist, friend of both since High School. 26, mechanic by day. Has tattoos and full beard. Hardworking, diligent, and serious, often gets annoyed by the others goofing around. Perfectionist, sometimes doesn't accept responsibility for mistakes.

--Angelo, Axel, Charlie, Curt, Dale, Dexter, Don, Duane, Jacob, Lance, Marcellus, Marcus, Mortimer, Steven, Wallace, Wesley

Also, I don't really have a name for the band. Their music is garage rock with blues/jazz influence. It could also be described as indie rock, with a sound similar to The Black Keys, The Raconteurs, or The Gossip.

--The Thelonius 5, Blind Shire, Slash Monsters, Taboo Tattoos, Hail and Fire, Holytree, Renaissance Fever, Murphy Adler

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally

for the first character, how about Jason nn Jase and the second character Marcus? For the band, what about Renaissance Fevers? Or Mainstream 29?

Band: Route 17, Green Mountain Ridge, The Second Republic, Lake Monster
    I did some research on Vermont. If they were women it would have been easier to come up with a name. Vermont is famous for maple syrup and dairy.
    Guitarist: Charlie, Luke "Lucky", Zane, Dylan
    Bassist and vocalist: Robert "Robbie", Liam, Logan, Gavin, Caleb.
    I missed the part about the guy having a full beard. At 26? Can't picture it. A goatee, yes. I pictured this guy being quite handsome, since he must be the lead singer.
    Drums: Lex
    I know a guy named Alex that goes by Lex when he is with his band. It sounds cooler.
    Alex is kind of boring.
    Last edited by niteowl13; April 18th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.