Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mila or Isla??

Mila or Isla??

I cant decide which one of these I like best. The only thing I worry about is mispronounciation. I live in the south and I could see Mila getting MY-la and Isla getting IS-la. My husband even said IS-la at first. I have had to pronounce my name my whole life soo I was trying to stay away from this with a daughter but I love these names.

I prefer Mila.
    I think you might have less pronunciation issues with it since a lot of people are familiar with the name because of the actress.
    Polly

Ophelia "Ellie" | Penelope "Peppi" | Rose "Rosie"

August | Elliott "Otti" | Theo

If you are worried about pronunciation, go with Mila. It's a beautiful name also and, like the above poster has said, it will be easy to pronounce as most are familiar with the actress (Mila Kunis) who pronounces it the way you'd like.

I do love Isla but having to pronounce your name to everyone you meet gets tiresome!

18 year old media student and wattpad writer.
    not pregnant, just collecting!

I prefer Mila better and I think that years down the road more people will know how to pronounce this name because of the actress Mila Kunis.
    Bridget Aurora & Henry Alexander
    Other Girls: Elsa Genevieve, Piper Ethel, Josephine Ida, Emalen Marguerite, Stella Imogen, Harper Lillian, Eve Francesca, Hazel Dorothy, Hadley Julianna, Eloise Georgia, Lucy Fleur, Milena Estelle, Juniper Noelle
    Other Boys: Jack Elijah, Hudson Flynn, George Louis, Marvin Harris, Theodore James, Benjamin "Ben" Asher, Leonardo Declan, Noah Jude, Otto Thames.

Love both, prefer Mila.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias