Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle name for Leire

I am not expecting yet, just playing around with names with the rest of you berries

I was wondering if any of you could help me with a good middle name to go with Leire, pronounced "leer". I absolutely love the name and am open to suggestions Any help would be appreciated! I would prefer a longer middle name since Leire is fairly short.

I've never heard this name before. Are you sure it's pronounced "leer"? The nameberry page on it says it's pronounced LAY-ree. That would make a big difference when choosing middles.

Quote Originally Posted by sarilee View Post
    I've never heard this name before. Are you sure it's pronounced "leer"? The nameberry page on it says it's pronounced LAY-ree. That would make a big difference when choosing middles.
    I too think you might be pronouncing it incorrectly. As multiple sources suggest that Leire is of Spanish (more accurately Basque) origin I plugged in the spelling you like into a “read out loud” program - also I asked my native spanish speaking FH. The tester on http://www.naturalreaders.com works fairly well for Spanish. It definitely sounds more like LAY-reh to me. I think if you like the “leer” sound Greer might be a better fit for you.

If you choose to pronounce Leire as suggested on NB and in my research I like these combos:
    Leire Harriet
    Leire Josephina
    Leire Jocelyn
    Leire Maribel
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Thank you for all the help I know it has meaning in Spanish, but it is also an English place name and I am going by the English version (hence the "leer" pronounciation).

Thank you for the suggestions, would love to hear more!

(Even though you didn't ask) I second the Greer suggestion, and also would like to add Layne/Laine/Lane. I like Leire, but I do like the other pronunciation better.

I'll try to give a good mix of names since you didn't specify what style of middle name you are looking for.

Leire Isabella
    Leire Ivy
    Leire Odessa
    Leire Victoria
    Leire Katherina
    Leire Seraphina
    Leire Sophia
    Leire Beatrix
    Leire Alexandra
    Leire Penelope
    Leire Persephone
    Leire Verity
    Leire Wilhelmina (will-uh-mina)
    Leire Vivica
    Leire Marina
    Leire Cordelia
    Leire Margaret
    Leire Mirabella
    Leire Gardenia
    Leire Jessamine
    Leire Helena
    Leire Rowena
    Leire Anastasia
    Leire Temperance
    Leire Gracia
    Leire Violet
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~