Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Names.

Names.

What do you think of the name Vaughn Drake? It means "little dragon"
    Do you think Van could work as a nickname to Vaughn?
    Which spelling do you prefer? Vaughn or Vaughan?

Thanks! (:

Vaughn Drake goes together really well and the meaning is neat, but I am not a fan if Drake. I find it a bit harsh and trendy for my personal taste. I would prefer Vaughn paired with a softer sounding more traditional name, but this is just my personal taste.

I think Van could work as a nickname if you really wanted to use it, but as both are one syllable it seems unnecessary. If you really like Van I think that could work as a stand alone name too. I prefer the Vaughan spelling because to me it looks more complete.

I like the combo. I think Van as a "nickname" seems like using Ann as a nickname for Anne.

If you decide to use Van instead I would use a different middle name.
    Our Favorites:
    McCoy Thomas * Ruby Alice * Everett Gentry * Cora Margaret

I don't like the 2 one syllable names next to each other, it sounds like a surname to me... Von Drake. I do like the name Vaughan though, but perhaps paired with a different middle name. Or you could do Evander Drake nn Van maybe?
    Cecily | Margot | Georgia | Phoebe | Iris | Liv | Clementine | Sylvie | Lorelei | Jane

Felix | Hugo | Simon | Quentin | Louis | Dexter | Miles | Leo | Duncan | Oscar

I don't care for two one-syllable names next to each other. Together, they seem a bit choppy. I like Vaughan but am not fond of Drake. I really like huia's suggestion of Evander Drake 'Van'.

It doesn't make sense to use a nickname on a one-syllable name, either, unless it's a pet name (like Rose --> Rosie).
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey