Results 6 to 9 of 9
Thread: What do you think?
April 13th, 2014 11:32 AM #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
- wherever I can make it
April 13th, 2014 12:14 PM #8
My favorites are Millie, Lily, Winter (for a girl), Henry, Sebastian Theodore (both individually and also as a combo), Carter, Pierce (although I prefer the softer sounding Piers), Beckett, and Bennett (slightly preferring Bennett).
Henry Pierce or Henry Piers
Audrey MavisPiers Lachlan | Gray Everett | Tadhg Wilder
Jack Wilder | Henry Birch | Charlie Hawthorne
Maebry Elizabeth Posy | Eloise Margaret Birdie | Coralie Jane Magnolia
Sophie Jane Magnolia | Emma Eloise Maebry | Isabel Margaret Birdie "Isby"
❤ heart my son ❤
April 13th, 2014 12:34 PM #10
1. Georgina Cosima or Georgina Maeve ? Which one do you prefer ? Maeve is better in the middle with Georgina.
2. Millie Rosario - an unusual combo. I don't really like "nicknames as first names" so I would prefer Millicent Rosario.
3. Lily Vera _ ? I feel like I need a third name to complete it… Suggestions ? Josephine.
4. Ramona Blaise - an unexpected pairing that works
5. Maven Pilar ? Personally, I think you need a new First Name. Pilar is lovely.
6. Francesca Cleo or Francesca Leo_ ? Francesca Leona, Francesca Lenora
7. Amelia Beatrice - a little too heavy on the "ee" but both are fine names.
8. Kenna Heloise - I dislike Kenna and I prefer Eloise.
9. Solace Levina - I love Solace but I think Lavinia would be a better option for a mn.
10. Amethyst Deveraux "Family name" Only be used if I have no males, otherwise I need a new MN or not use it at all or just use the Deveraux on a boy - this combo I would define as "GENDER UNKNOWN" so it's not a fave of mine.
1. _ Alexander I am not revealing the first name. I fear it will get taunted by people on here but family, friends and most importantly, myself love it. - Ok, but not giving us the first name kind of defeats the purpose of you posting for opinions, doesn't it? Alexander is a strong and masculine powerhouse.
2. Casper Solomon - two strong choices
3. Arlo Madison - I love Arlo but not with Madison. Arlo Bennett would be a nice combo.
4. Ezra Lawrence or Ezra Francisco or Ezra Dion? Which one do you prefer? Lawrence
5. Henry Giovanni - both end in the "ee" sound so they're not ideal together.
6. August Barnabe - August Barnaby would be better.
7. Sebastian Theodore - I love both names so this is my favourite boys combo!
8. Max Julio _ Another name to fill? Max Julio Bennett
9. Bellamy _ Need a MN - Bellamy James, Bellamy Jude, Bellamy Victor
10. Winter _ Need a MN - Winter Raphael, Winter Julian, Winter Gabriel
Other names but not paired up:
Michaela - at least it's spelled correctly
Spencer - not for a girl
Fey - Faye is my preferred spelling
Hero - mn only
Audrey - classic and elegant
Ophelia - oh-feel-ya
Cora - I was into Nora, then Cora and now I like Flora. It's a fleeting preference with no staying power.
Marlowe - this is the only spelling I like
Mavis - I like this vintage charmer
Rowena - an underused literary name
Belen - mn only
Avery - overused and trendy
Carter - cart her?
Ellis - a surname I can tolerate
Darcy - love the literary connection
Eden - I don't mind this one but there are other place names in the Bible that are more interesting (eg. Jericho, Shiloh, Canaan, Sela, Nimrah, Moriah, Galilee, Ivah, Cyrene, Carmel, Cesarea, Zorah, Tarah, Tabor, Achaia, Ephron, Abilene)
Asa - this name packs a lot of the "cool factor" in its three letters
Heraldo MN slot - too much like Geraldo Rivera
Matteo - sounds spunky and romantic at the same time
Alfonso - It's a royal name in Spain. I like Alonso too.
Silas - this is an ancient name that sounds awesomely modern
Pierce - the name isn't a friendly name due to the violent connotation
Drummer - "drum her"
Arian - Definite no. Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Aryan race beliefs are are terrible association.
Cristian - Spanish version of Christian is ok
Beckett or Bennett - Bennett is my preference. It's softer than the harsh sounding Beckett.All the best,
April 14th, 2014 01:43 AM #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
- wherever I can make it
Georgina Maeve is winning the vote. As for the topic on nicknames, I actually like "nicknames as first names" its just my personal preference, for that very reason I dislike Millicent. Rosario being after my mother. I love Lily Vera Josephine! And I didn't want to add the first name for my top boy because I know for a fact people on here will think I'm crazy, lol. But since it is my top choice for a boy, I felt it was needed to be added. Sorry if I offend. If your curious to find out what it is, I'll give you a hint (or just PM me) it's a character in Little Women. As for Pierce, I have never heard any violent connotation (is it piercing? Like piercing the ears?). I don't know, maybe you're making out to seem such of a bad name? I still like it though… And for Arian, I know someone with this name. I was intrigued by him but now since your brought up Hitler, I guess that's out. Carter I'm still keeping, maybe it's your pronunciation that makes you think "cart her"? It's a family name and it just sounds so preppy to me (which I like too). Drummer would be my GP.
Thank you again!punctuality is a virtue of the lonely.