Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Classic...but trendy? Super conflicted

Hi! I'm new and I'm really bad at explaining things so I'm going to apologize in advance if I make absolutely no sense at all!

We are expecting a little girl, who is due in August so she's coming fairly soon, and we are at a stand still on her name. My boyfriend really wants our daughter to have, what he calls, a unique name that is so cute. Some of his examples are Payzleigh (Paisley), Madeeleigh (Maddie-Lee), Miracle (at least it's spelled right?), Kenzeigh (Kenzie), and Whisper...yeah, I think I would rather shoot myself in the foot than use those (sorry, babe).

I love classic names, like Elizabeth, Evelyn, Susanna, and Madeleine (I thought it was a good alternative to "Madeeleigh" but he doesn't agree); but he won't budge. He thinks that my favorites are boring and bland. Our daughter will have his last name, which is fairly common, and I think that is why he is so keen on having a "unique" name (his is very common and hates it; though I have the opposite problem).

Can you please help? I seriously don't know what to do at this point. I absolutely refuse to use one of his names; I hate all of them and really hate misspelled names. I was thinking maybe finding a really uncommon name that is also classic? But I don't want anything that is too juvenile sounding, will cause way too many problems, or will never be said or spelled right. *sigh* Who knew naming could be such a headache?!

So you need a name somewhere in between Payzleigh/Madeeleigh/Miracle/Kenzeigh/Whisper (ouch, my eyes, my ears..!) and Elizabeth/Evelyn/Susanna/Madeleine. That's a big gap hahah! I'm just going to throw various names at you and maybe you can tell me which ones YOU like and which ones HE likes, if any?

Alice
    Aria
    Ariane
    Audrey
    Azalea
    Davina
    Elena
    Elise
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Emeline
    Evalina
    Evelina
    Genevieve
    Isabel
    Isaline
    Jasmine
    Juliette
    Maelie
    Rosalie?
    Mickie

| Éloïse / Élise | Camille | Sophie-Anne / Laurianne |
    | Sébastien | Luca | Théo |

Quote Originally Posted by mickie9 View Post
    So you need a name somewhere in between Payzleigh/Madeeleigh/Miracle/Kenzeigh/Whisper (ouch, my eyes, my ears..!) and Elizabeth/Evelyn/Susanna/Madeleine. That's a big gap hahah! I'm just going to throw various names at you and maybe you can tell me which ones YOU like and which ones HE likes, if any?

Alice
    Aria
    Ariane
    Audrey
    Azalea
    Davina
    Elena
    Elise
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Emeline
    Evalina
    Evelina
    Genevieve
    Isabel
    Isaline
    Jasmine
    Juliette
    Maelie
    Rosalie?
    Maybe just a teensy gap, haha! My boyfriend is currently golfing (typical guy) but when he gets home he's sitting his butt down and looking through the suggestions

ANYWAY, hehe, I really like a lot from your list!! Alice, Aria, Ariane, Audrey, Emeline/Emmeline, Genevieve, Isabel, and Juliet! I think Azalea could also grow on me

Like someone said, I would recommend telling him if he likes Azalea. It's in the middle (well, it isn't spelled like Azayleeigha so I guess not really the actual middle, but...) and it can be classy! How about:

Acacia
    Liliana
    Millie (from Millicent, maybe he will agree with that?)
    Harlow
    Emmeline
    Scarlett
    Amelia

Good luck, this clash in name tastes is hard!

Eryn.
    18-year-old media student with a love for baby names and journalism.

Elijah ReubenDylan FrancisJude AnthonyCharlie Kenneth
    Lily AdelaideAnna CynthiaElena RoseBella ScarlettFreya Kate

Wow that sounds tough!

I second the idea of Azalea and Jasmine!

Other ideas:
    Liberty
    Valentine
    Thora
    Jessamyn
    Daphne
    Story
    Mama of Henry Atlas & Margot Story

Other name loves:

Girls: Phoebe, Ramona, Holiday, Matilda, Susan, Helen
    Boys: Thomas, Ulysses, Odin, Oliver