Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Classic...but trendy? Super conflicted

Hi! I'm new and I'm really bad at explaining things so I'm going to apologize in advance if I make absolutely no sense at all!

We are expecting a little girl, who is due in August so she's coming fairly soon, and we are at a stand still on her name. My boyfriend really wants our daughter to have, what he calls, a unique name that is so cute. Some of his examples are Payzleigh (Paisley), Madeeleigh (Maddie-Lee), Miracle (at least it's spelled right?), Kenzeigh (Kenzie), and Whisper...yeah, I think I would rather shoot myself in the foot than use those (sorry, babe).

I love classic names, like Elizabeth, Evelyn, Susanna, and Madeleine (I thought it was a good alternative to "Madeeleigh" but he doesn't agree); but he won't budge. He thinks that my favorites are boring and bland. Our daughter will have his last name, which is fairly common, and I think that is why he is so keen on having a "unique" name (his is very common and hates it; though I have the opposite problem).

Can you please help? I seriously don't know what to do at this point. I absolutely refuse to use one of his names; I hate all of them and really hate misspelled names. I was thinking maybe finding a really uncommon name that is also classic? But I don't want anything that is too juvenile sounding, will cause way too many problems, or will never be said or spelled right. *sigh* Who knew naming could be such a headache?!