Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My first thought was Lilian. Would be extra nice, imo, since your daughter will be born next month and Lily is the birth flower of May.

Lucia
    Persephone
    Ramona
    Helena
    Camilla
    Bianca
    Veronica
    Anastasia
    Florence
    Marina
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Quote Originally Posted by daryn32 View Post
    So we're one month away from our first child and my wife and I just can't agree on a name! At this point, I'll take ANY and ALL suggestions.

Our last name is Tufts, and I think that's a tough name to match. And after all, you've gotta consider both the first name and how it sounds with the last name.

What are some great girl names? Please!
    (Sidenote: right now, a frontrunner is Clare Tufts, but I'm not nuts about it - thoughts?)
    I do like Clare (prefer Claire spelling wise) however I do think with your surname you need something longer...

Suggestions:
    Caroline Tufts
    Cordelia Tufts
    Coraline Tufts
    Catherine Tufts
    Clementina Tufts
    Calista Tufts
    Calliope Tufts
    Camilla Tufts
    Clarissa Tufts
    Carlotta Tufts
    Cassandra Tufts
    Christina Tufts
    ---
    Victoria Tufts
    Louisa Tufts
    Alexandra Tufts
    Eleanor Tufts
    Penelope Tufts
    Annabel Tufts
    Laura Tufts
    Isabella Tufts
    Serena Tufts
    Olivia Tufts
    Gardenia Tufts
    Magnolia Tufts

: )

Something with a "nickname-y-" vowel ending will sound better than ending with a consonant. Even trying a double-barreled name might work?

How about these?

Sienna
    Sierra
    Keira
    Kiara
    Rosie
    Josie
    Lily
    Maisy
    Ava
    Perrie
    Amelia
    Liliana
    Alana
    Acacia
    ------------------
    Ava-May
    Airley-Jane
    Billi-Jay
    Anna-Mae
    etc. Anything with a short, one-syllable name would work!

Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------

I also thought of some long names that work well!

Savannah

Roseanna
    Arianna
    Arabella
    Isabella
    Alexandra
    Alexandria
    Last edited by name-guru; April 13th, 2014 at 08:31 AM.

So many great suggestions! Thank you! And so many confirmations of what I've been feeling: a name like "Tufts" (generally) needs a two or three syllable first name to balance it out and give it some melody.

My wife and I love the name Ava, and love how it sounds with Tufts, but we fear it's just too popular right now.

Here's some background and a bit of our most recent thinking... My grandfather's name was Clarence. My dad's middle name is Clarence, after him, and so is my middle name. If we named our daughter Clare, we'd be giving her name some nice family history and honoring my dad and grandfather (awesome). But, meaning aside, I just have a really tough time with Clare Tufts together. It just feels so.... Bam! Bam!

But what if we named her Clara Tufts? That extra "A" steers a bit away from the family name, but it it also adds a lot of flow, IMO.

Again... I would love any thoughts (or name suggestions). Having so much feedback from so many caring strangers really helps. It really adds a lot of perspective. Thanks again!

I think Clara is lovely and to me it's not any further from Clarence than Claire/Clare! They are all very much related. If they weren't already suggested - Clarice and Clarissa tap this family of names as well. Clara is my favorite of these 4 names, actually, but they all work.

As for another suggestion, if you like Ava but it's too popular, you could consider Ada or Eva.