Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree about a two or three syllable name. I love Clara(my daughters name)! Here are a few of my favs that would work:

Sylvie
    Celia
    Eliza
    Norah
    Eloise
    Lydia
    Ruby
    Cordelia

As soon as I saw your last name, before I even got to the point of the post when you mention Clair, I was thinking Clarissa would be nice. Definitely agree with choosing a 2-3 syllable first name, and I think something on the slightly frillier/feminine end of the spectrum balances Tufts nicely.

I know it has been mentioned a few times already, but I have to agree that a longer name is the way to go.

I agree with most berries that a 2-3-syllable name would best complement your last name -- and also, something feminine but not too frilly (in the spirit of Claire). So a few ideas that would sound lovely (some may have been mentioned already) to get your imagination going :
    Clarissa (I agree with one poster : it sounds amazing and is a variation of Claire!)
    Amelia
    Emilia
    Josephine
    Antonia
    Eloise
    Aurelia
    Isabelle
    Octavia
    Rebecca
    Susanna
    Madeleine
    Gabriella
    Matilda
    Sylvia
    Lydia
    Eliza
    Adelaide

What about:

Delphine Tufts
    Kingsley Tufts
    Chloe Tufts
    Caitlin Tufts
    Sienna Tufts
    Zara Tufts
    Ursula Tufts
    Antonia Tufts
    Lily Tufts
    Ivy Tufts
    Blythe Tufts
    Ophelia Tufts
    Scarlett Tufts
    Marilyn Tufts
    Violet Tufts
    Rosalind Tufts

Cheers
    Ulysses/ Godiva

Seabrook | Lyon | Falcon | Lucius Artorius | Bardyllis | Chivalry | Whiskey | Varro | Auberon | Sovereign

Winter Rose | Emerald | Autumn Grace | Hazel | Maebry | Ulyssia | Pandora Rose | Alaska | Summer Eve | Charlett | Ivy | Asfodelle | Marquesa | Titania | India Ruby | Ulissa | Isabeau | Liberty | Vivaldi | Ferelith | Juniper | Violet | Odette Leda Snow | Utopia | Hero | Hermione