Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I Need Help Naming Our Daughter and We Have A Tough Last Name!

So we're one month away from our first child and my wife and I just can't agree on a name! At this point, I'll take ANY and ALL suggestions.

Our last name is Tufts, and I think that's a tough name to match. And after all, you've gotta consider both the first name and how it sounds with the last name.

What are some great girl names? Please!
    (Sidenote: right now, a frontrunner is Clare Tufts, but I'm not nuts about it - thoughts?)

Clare Tufts is nice, a little safe though.
    I also thought of Caroline Tufts?
    Sticking with the letter C, which I thinks works well what about Corinne Tufts or Claudia Tufts?

With such a short, abrupt last name I would go with something with more than one syllable for the first name. What about Clara instead of Clare? Some others that I think sound nice:

Olivia
    Juniper
    Fiona
    Melody
    Coraline
    Sophia
    Sonya
    Josephine
    Azalea
    Violet

Good luck

Clare is quite nice. But you should love the name you choose! I think you're right to go simple and sweet with a stocky last name like Tufts. It's not a bad name. Very collegiate anyway..

Felicity T…
    Eleanor T…
    Sylvia T…
    Claudia T…
    Millie T…
    Lucy T…
    Cecily T...

I think two or three syllable names sound better than a one syllable name since your last name is one syllable. A few names that come to mind off the top of my head are Alexa, Gracie, Chela, Elowen, Aria, Clara (close to Claire but two syllables).