Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adalynn

Adalynn

**********I TOTALLY SPACED OUT, TITAL SHOULD BE AVALYNN NOT ADALYNN LOL************

So I'm pretty much obsessed with finding 2nd baby girls name, due in a few mnths.

Me & my husband have been talking about "Avalynn" today.

My concerns are how people will pronounce it. We would like it pronounced "Av-uh-lynn" ("Av" not "Aiv" as in "Ava").
    & also don't want it pronounced like the name "avaline".

Also is it to closely related to Evelyn & Adalyn? We know people with kids named this & wouldn't want them to think we came up with it from their children's name. Can it stand on its on?

Does anyone know the popularity of this name? We wanna be safely outside of the "top 100" in the US & don't wanna be closely occasioned with the oh so popular "Ava".

Lastly how about a good middle name, last name is Young.

I know, it's alot but i'm very picky because growing up as one of millions of "Ashley's" my childrens names being there own & fairly unique is so important to me!!!

Thanks in advance for any responses. I love how helpful & open minded everyone on here is!!
    Last edited by mommy2maliyah; April 12th, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

***** p.s. Which spelling is better.. "avalynn" or "avalyn" ??

I prefer the spelling "Avalynn" and I don't think there should be any confusion as to pronounciation because the way you have spelled it out is in line with how you wish it to be pronounced. And no need to worry about it being too close to other kids because this is your chance to name your child and as long as you love the name, then that should be your main concern. I think "Adalynn" is more commonly used, but I've never heard of Avalynn before. I really like this name

I do prefer the spelling Avalyn over Avalynn, only because I don't like names that end/begin with double letters.. (picky, I know!)

At first, I pronounced it just like "Ai-va-lynn" (Ava and Lynn) and not like "Ah-va-lynn" but I suppose the latter pronunciation could work (I am not American, so I don't know if the latter pronunciation is the usual one - for me, it is not). I don't think it is close to Evelyn but I do think it is quite similar to Adalyn, but I don't think your friends will really be that bothered if it's similar as these sort of things happen occasionally. I don't know the popularity, but for middle names how about:

Avalynn Marie
    Avalynn Charlotte
    Avalynn Blair
    Avalynn Thalia
    Avalynn Danielle
    Avalynn Olivia
    Avalynn Willow
    Avalynn Daisy

And if you like to be 'out there'... Avalynn Meadow.

I love the name regardless.
    eryn • eighteen • media student
    girls & boys

I prefer the Avalyn spelling, and I too said the name like Ava and Lynn at first. I feel like with the super popularity of Ava, most people will pronounce the name like I did. Not saying you shouldn't use it because of that, but it's something to consider.

^ Avalyn Daisy is really really cute!
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 11/22/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/