Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle for Isidore?

Really in love with Isidore and it's a front runner on our list if this baby is a boy.Looking for a middle for Isidore. I don't like trendy, uber popular, or unisex,

Isidore Joseph
    Isidore James
    Isidore Lewis (family surname)

Would love input and other suggestions!

My favorite from your list is Isidore James. I would also suggest:
    Isidore Michael
    Isidore Alexander
    Isidore Edward
    Isidore William

Also, not sure where you're writing from, but where I live (Northeastern US), Isadore is a girls' name growing in popularity. So if you're not into unisex names, you may find that Isidore is one in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jesslyn View Post
    My favorite from your list is Isidore James. I would also suggest:
    Isidore Michael
    Isidore Alexander
    Isidore Edward
    Isidore William

Also, not sure where you're writing from, but where I live (Northeastern US), Isadore is a girls' name growing in popularity. So if you're not into unisex names, you may find that Isidore is one in a few years.
    Love Isidore Alexander! Isadore is also the male version, however there is Isadora for girls. I would equate girls named Isadore as being called William, it's just a male name to me and always will be. I'm not too worried Isidore hasn't been in the top 1000 since the 1930s. I'm in Canada and in my province there has not been a single Isidore in many years. Thanks for the heads up though!

I really like Isidore Joseph and Isidore James, but I love Isidore Louis (Loo-ee), if your open to changing Lewis a bit. I'm not great at middles (unless they're out of my list) but maybe:
    Isidore Lawrence
    Isidore Julian
    Isidore Alexander (Maybe too popular?)
    Isidore Timothy

I really love Isidore, btw! I spell Isidore with an I in the middle to avoid the similarity to Isadora, I feel adora/adore is a bit more feminine. But I've never heard Isidore or Isadore as a girls name.
    Last edited by myosotis; April 11th, 2014 at 02:31 PM.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ♥ Pandora Valencia Fae ♥ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ♥
    Little Misses
    ♡ Caspian Sherlock Walter ♡ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ♡
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    Mycroft Holmes | Sherlock (BBC) | His Last Vow

Odds are fair that your son won't always want to go by Isidore, so I'd choose the one you wouldn't mind calling him as a teen or adult.