Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

off beat, quirky, wes anderson-ish names for girls?

I really love off beat kind of names that sound kind of clunky. Names like Margo or Hector, both of which are gaining popularity but where I live they are rare. My love of Margo started with Margot Tennenbaum from Wes Anderson's film The Royal Tennenbaums. I love names from his films, well I just love his films full stop. Can anyone think of any other names like this?
    Thank you x
    Last edited by ariadnejuna; April 11th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Charlotte
    British Teen Berry
    Liesel - Hans - Evelyn - Wilbur - Adelaide

I love Wes Anderson as well

In his new movie (Grand Budapest Hotel) there is a character named Agatha, which is lovely. For boy names, I am fond of Ash, the name of one of the foxes in his Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I looove the grand budapest hotel! Wes is the only man who could make me love the name Gustave, and Agatha is beautiful x
    Charlotte
    British Teen Berry
    Liesel - Hans - Evelyn - Wilbur - Adelaide

Margot is one of my favorites too. I also like Etheline in that film.
    Other suggestions:
    Dolores
    Frances
    Lola
    Winnie

Love this thread!! I love Margot too! And for the same reason. If only I could get my husband on board (it's his favorite movie but no love for the name Margot--Whhyyy?!).

Agatha and Gustave from The Grand Budapest Hotel are great. I also love Suzy and Sam from Moonrise Kingdom.
    Some names that remind me of Wes Anderson characters (though they aren't):
    Scout
    Frances
    Agnes
    Mabel
    Edith
    Matilde
    Beatrix

(I just realized those are all girl names - I'll have to think more on boy names)
    married to my prom date and best friend. anxiously awaiting our first baby, a girl called Luna, due in late October.