Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I do not see anything wrong with the name Aidan and it is definitely not terrible. I also really like Caden. I think the general population does not take issue of the "aden" names, it is mostly people on baby name forums. People on baby name forums can be very vocal about their opinions and for the most part I appreciate these opinions. The issue is some seem to think their opinions are rules, rules that everyone should follow. There are some very nice "aden" names. If you love Aidan, use Aidan. Aidan is a strong, handsome name.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

Well the problem for me is the complete flooding of the market. There were 3 Aidan's in my sons Sunday school class last year. Maybe only 10 kids in the class. Every time you are in a group of kids you will hear the name at least once. I'm just tired of hearing it.

Aidan is fine, it just has spawned so many variations in spelling and different beginnings (kayden, Jayden, Zayden, Rayden) that it seems overused and trendy!

Considering:
    🍂Jane 🎃 Fiona 🎃 Thea 🎃 Alice 🎃 Evangeline 🎃 Bridget 🎃 Gwyneth🍂
    🍂Oren 🎃 Lars 🎃 Bram 🎃 Griffin 🎃 Jude 🎃 Nolan 🎃 Kieran 🎃 Otis🍂

It's totally a personal choice. Aiden/Aidan is a great name. That's why so many parents pick it. I was born toward the beginning of the Caitlin fad and being a Caitie/Caitlin in a sea of Kate/Katie/Catherine/Kathleen/Katelyns felt like having ALL those girls with such similar names was just another way I was forgettable. Perhaps I would see Aidan(my older brother's name) as more usable if it weren't also accompanied by a team of Braden/Caden/Hayden/Jadens. In my mom's defense, she found the name Caitlin in a baby book and had never heard the name on anyone before. How could she have known millions of other parents would see the same name and think the same thing? I know there was a time when every girl was named Margaret, Mary or Elizabeth so why should it matter? It shouldn't really... but I know that for me, being named as part of a fad has made me pay special attention to name trends and adjust my list accordingly.
    Caitlin Ann & Robert Curtis a.k.a Caitie & Curt
    Newlywed and Namenerd (well kinda, 9.3.12)
    Auntie to Morgan Ellen, Jason Lee, Stana Marie, Shanna Lynn, and Eva Jean

I love family names, literary names and familiar but uncommon names. Feel free to suggest some!

Rupert~Milo~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Tavish~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry nn Hal/Hank
    Lyra~Penelope~Juno~Valentine nn Lena~Harriet~Beatrice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rose

I think that everyone would just like to hear something less trendy and popular. It will become very dated once everyone has tired of it, which is something to consider with very popular non-classics. What about Aldous, Alden, Alder, Alister or Arthur?
    Beatrix - Fleur - Minnow - Zelda - Fern - Winifred - Poet

Wolfgang - Atlas - Huck - Abraham - Ernest - Ulysses - Fox - Alasdair