Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Huckleberry is brambly and out doorsy... Huck as a short name option would be great for everyday purposes. Cardogan or perhaps Caradoc, I just came across them. They seem elegant and classy in a manly sort of way. My husband is recently into haytham, perhaps you might like it. My husband says its an awesome manly dignified name.

Huckleberry is a name that doesn't belong outside of fictional St Petersburg, MO. It's a great name, just unusable. Caradoc is really handsome but nms. Haytham is intriguing. I looked it up, then spent way too many minutes perusing names from a video game called The Assassin's Creed, in which Haytham is a main player. Quite a motley assortment of names there. Two that I like are Altair and Tamir. Does the latter sound too much like "come 'ere"?

perhaps look into place names for this feeling youre looking for

look at some maps of a region you like

or old musicians you love to listen to...brahms, etc...

or maybe something like rouven, call him rou, roux

or baxlee...bertram, bauer, barlo, there are many old b names with this feeling

volker, valo, vitaly, varrin, etc
    Last edited by evh; April 12th, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

My first thought was Mortimer, as in the book Inkheart. If you've read the book, you'll have an idea of why.

Evh, thank you. I am very fond of Reuven, though I don't understand what people see in Roux - to me it's a butter sauce and not a name! Bertram is heavenly - "bright raven" mmm. That one's going on the list.

Alex - No, I've never read Inkheart. Should I? Mortimer makes me think of the Addams Family, and I can't get past the "mort" part, but I appreciate its awkward Gothic beauty. Thank you.

So, today the names that have stuck with me are these:

Rudyard (nn Rudy)
    Prospero
    Arkady
    Auxentius
    Clive
    Yvain
    Sterling
    Ambrose
    Solomon
    Barnabas
    Ramsay
    Theophilus
    Cormac
    Horatio
    Hector
    Arvid
    Sylvester
    Ephraim
    Helios
    Alexei
    Marius
    Bertram
    Ernest
    Orion

A middle I'd love to use is Marsh, which is a family name. Some of these names really don't lend themselves to Marsh though, so...
    Heron
    Acanthus
    Heath
    Auxentius
    Clive
    Yvaine
    Theophilus
    Alexei/Alexis
    Sylvan
    are some other possibilities, but I'm open to better ideas. Anyone care to try some combinations? Preferably just one middle, unless you feel inspired to use two. Last name is a two syllable botanical name, not far from "Garden". Thanks All!
    Last edited by emmabobemma; April 12th, 2014 at 03:01 PM.